Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
DT Global seeks a Senior Accountant to have responsibility for multiple accounting functions. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant provides support to the Washington, DC home office accounting team to include guidance on the payroll process, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation of account balances and bank statements, in addition to maintaining general ledger accounts and supporting month-end close procedures and audits.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Provide support to the Controller in general accounting functions, including but not limited to maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll, accounts payable, and month-end close procedures.
- Prepare and provide supporting schedules and reconciliations of balance sheet account reconciliations including bank account reconciliations.
- Post select bank transactions to the general ledger and/or Deltek cash receipts module on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with Controller and Payroll Specialist in ensuring all payroll activities conform to applicable guidelines, laws and policies; coordinates related personnel action with Human Resources.
- Support CostPoint maintenance, to include but not limited to GL account set-up, project set-up and employee set-up
- Interface with government and external auditors on a regular basis; assist with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with at least 2 years in a team lead role or supervisor
- Must have experience with Deltek CostPoint and ADP payroll system
- Working knowledge of Payroll processing with top tier payroll service providers
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and brings a hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives
- Strong critical thinking skills required to solve complex problems and recommend solutions
- Experience working for contractors to the U.S. Government and supporting USAID projects
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.