Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Burlington, VT is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Senior Accountant & Accountant candidates for the USAID-funded Egypt Integrated Water Solution Support Technical Assistance Activity (IWSSTA).
The purpose of the Integrated Water Solution Support Technical Assistance (IWSSTA) activity is to support the recent reform efforts by the Government of Egypt (GOE) to help promote sustainability of the Water and Wastewater Sector.
These positions will be based in Cairo, Egypt.
* Assist with accounting and financial control systems for the IWSSTA office and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet Tetra Tech ARD accounting standards;
* Manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation;
* Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, payroll preparation, review and submission to Tetra Tech ARD Home Office, cash flow management;
* Maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with USAID regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable) such that Tetra Tech ARD policy transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by the system.
* Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree from a recognized institution;
* 5+ years’ experience in an equivalent position, experience working in a similar position with NGO, business or international organizations is required;
* Experience in using QuickBooks accounting software preferred;
* Spoken and written fluency in English preferred;
* Egyptian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter, indicating the position you are applying for
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.