Job DescriptionThe Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to one or more of the International Development Group’s (IDG’s)•senior leadership team members in DC (scheduling meetings, completing expense reports, arranging travel, event organizing, etc.) and offer general support/administrative guidance to IDG staff in the Metro Center location in Washington, DC.• The position will report to the IDG DC Senior Administrator.
- Perform clerical, administrative, and general office duties that may include scheduling meetings in Outlook, word processing, data entry, record and file maintenance, photocopying and scanning, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, requisitioning supplies, submitting work requests, mail distribution, and reception.
- Schedule and attend meetings to record and produce minutes.
- Secure and manage RTI resources (meeting rooms, IT equipment, etc.) using online tools and other mechanisms.
- Maintain interface with program and project personnel to obtain, verify, record, and provide data, and resolve problems.
- Act as a liaison for staff, routinely working with the offices of Accounting, Payroll, Purchasing, and the office of Research Contracts
- May be involved in participation and coordination of special projects, perform literature searches and other internet queries.
- Operate and maintain office equipment and reserve and operate video and audio conferencing equipment.
- Demonstrate advanced computer application skills and train others on system usage (particularly with RTI systems)
- Assist management with monitoring and forecasting of operating resources.
- Assist in proper compliance and implementation of corporate and unit procedures.
- May assist with Human Resource activities and documentation related to recruiting, benefits, employee status changes.
- May provide input to assist management with unit infrastructure planning.
- Understand and remain up-to-date regarding department and organizational structure, operations, policies and procedures•in order•to•respond to staff questions and/or communicate information effectively.
Minimum Required Education & Experience •
High School diploma and 4 years• experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Outlook scheduling/meeting management and•expense report processing is required.
- Prior experience working with individuals operating across an array of•international time zones is an asset.
- Experience utilizing•word processing and graphic software necessary to meet all internal and external client product requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use various document software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio) to create professional-quality documents;
- Ability to tactfully communicate with various levels of the organization to request or provide information;•interpersonal skills to diplomatically address staff at all levels (in writing and verbally) are critical.
- Ability to work well with others in a team structure;
- Ability to work independently and appropriately•prioritize tasks;
- Demonstrate a strong attention for detail and accuracy.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: Applications must include a Cover Letter which demonstrates an interest in and basic knowledge of the work that RTI•performs, as well as relevant previous achievements and experience.••
About the OrganizationIDG VPO & Support Services