Cowater is curently looking for a Senior Advisor for Women’s Employment and Reducing Violence Against Women for Women’s Empowerment to join our team on a current project in Indonesia
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (MAMPU Phase II) aims to address key issues affecting poor women in accessing, controlling, participating and enjoying fulfilment from policies and development programs in five thematic areas as follows:
- Improving access to GOI’s social protection programs;
- Improving conditions of employment and removing workplace discrimination;
- Improving conditions for women’s overseas labour migration;
- Improving women’s health and nutritional status; and
- Reducing violence against women.
The Program will increase capacity of civil society partners; expand the network organisations working on gender equality; better position all of our partners to exert greater influence on key areas of government policy; and expand reach among poor women at the grassroots level. The Program will also harness the work of Phase I to generate policy change that leads to widespread impact for poor women in Indonesia.
The overall purpose of this assignment is to provide policy and operational advice regarding women’s empowerment, to the MAMPU program with particular focus on migrant workers as well as reducing violence against women and cross-thematic synergies. The consultant shall track overall trends and issues, review new project designs to ensure that they reflect state of the art knowledge on women’s empowerment and development, flag emerging issues and opportunities, and provide periodic hands-on operational support to important or sensitive programs.
Period of Assignment: Minimum of 60 days during lifetime of the contract (October 1st, 2017 – September 30th, 2018)
Required Skills, knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in international development, social sciences, gender studies, health or other relevant disciplines (PhD as well as a specialization in Indonesia studies will be considered assets);
- 20 years relevant work experience with international development organizations (25+ years and work with DFAT will be considered assets);
- Extensive (15+ years) professional experience in one or more of the MAMPU thematic areas;
- Proven knowledge of gender theories and experience with women’s empowerment and gender-sensitive development approaches;
- Knowledge of the MAMPU program and its operations;
- Experience with management and implementation of development programs and grant-making initiatives in Indonesia and Southeast Asia;
- Extensive (10+ years) experience in strategic planning and supporting multiple partners to achieve objectives;
- Proof of established networks among government, civil society, international organizations, media and other stakeholders in Indonesia and Southeast Asia;
- Excellent English writing and analytical skills and fluency in Indonesian; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships with senior Indonesian government officials, civil society organizations and donor agencies.
Applications including a cover letter and current CV with 3 referees should be sent in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 27 September 2017 noting the title of applied position in the subject line. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We thank all applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We thank all applicants however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.