Global Communities seeks an experienced Behavior Change Communication Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Colombia Youth Resilience Activity. This 45-50M, five year program will support youth in high risk environments to reach their full potential, The program will support youth-centered efforts targeting Colombian and Venezuelan youth, disengaged child soldiers, and former youth offenders.
The Senior Advisor Behavior Change Communication will be responsible for developing and implementing an evidence-based communications strategy with a trauma-sensitive approach throughout its programmatic efforts. Youth Resilience Activity communications will directly engage youth to inform diverse audiences about the youth’s agency and positive impacts in their communities, availability of youth centric and family support services, opportunities for youth’s engagement and productivity, institutional efforts to prevent violence, among others.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Lead technical design, oversight, and monitoring of communications strategies, to transform negative social and gender norms and promote a culture of peace and reconciliation, to mobilize youth and communities to promote youth participation in decision-making spaces, and advocacy.
* Establish long-term strategic communications alliances throughout the period of performance, both at the local and national level,
* Strategically collaborate with other similar efforts, specifically USAID/Colombia’s activities with psychosocial components and behavioral change efforts, in order to increase coverage and impact.
* Collaborate with all program activities with communications strategies to maximize their reach and impact.
* Ensure the timely and quality completion of program technical deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
* Supervise a team and oversee implementation of annual program work and plans.
* Master’s degree in communications, public health or a related field; MPH preferred.
* Progressively responsible, relevant experience with programs that proactively develop youth’s social, personal and technical skills, foster healthy relationships, and support youth to become meaningful participants in the development of their communities and municipalities.
* Experience with programs that advance reconciliation among victims, ex-combatants and other citizens” including programs directed at youth, marginalized groups, victims of the conflict, prevention of recruitment, reconciliation, psychosocial support, peace-builders and inclusion of conflict-affected populations.
* Experience with programs directed at gender and social inclusion issues.
* Experience with some or all of the following audiences in Colombia: Victims of conflict, youth at risk, former youth offenders, youth disengaged from illegal armed groups, youth Venezuelan migrants.
* Experience with USAID-funded projects (ideally, in a senior technical position) highly preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge about gender and development, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender.
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies that employ evidence-based approaches to meet project targets, especially under rigorous timelines.
* Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and international staff.
* Proven leadership, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams.
* Fluency in English preferred.
Colombian citizens are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.