Position: SENIOR ADVISOR - Case Management System (CMS)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Remote
Required Clearance: Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Component Lead (CMS)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for SENIOR ADVISOR for Case Management System (CMS) position on the INL-funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP ) in Afghanistan.
JSSP’s primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP’s efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
Duties: The CMS Senior Advisor shall:
- Evaluate the Case Management System (CMS) 2.0 to ensure that the application is developed and implemented to meet the deliverables/recommendations set forth in the CMS 2.0 Assessment as well as other relevant CMS related project documents and submissions
- Evaluate the transition of CMS-related responsibilities from JSSP to GIRoA to ensure GIRoA has the capacity to administer and maintain the CMS 2.0 application by the scheduled project end-date
- Provide recommendations and technical assistance to the JSSP application development team and CMS component personnel to improve the design, development and implementation of CMS 2.0
- Provide JSSP with a checklist of action items or a set of recommendations for follow-up during the period when the CMS Senior Advisor is not in Kabul
- Ensure that
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience
- A minimum of four years substantive experience in a field relevant to their position
- A minimum of two years international experience, including development programs
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of formal justice systems, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction between justice institutions/departments
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required, Juris doctor or relevant Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Superior interpersonal skills; the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative and harmonious manner and to work efficiently as a team player
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.