IREX seeks a strategic and entrepreneurial Senior Advisor for Bilateral Partnerships to help grow revenues from non-US government donors. The position will support IREX’s work cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information. The Senior Advisor will expand IREX’s current portfolio of collaborative partnerships and programs designed and carried out with support of donors including UK DFID and FCO, Global Affairs Canada, SIDA, DANIDA, and NORAD, among others.
The position will support global new business efforts with a special focus on East Africa. The position will ideally be based in Nairobi, Kenya, or Dar El Salaam, Tanzania or Addis, Ethiopia. Locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Lead IREX’s institutional efforts to increase familiarity with governmental, non-USG donors, their priorities, and their procurement systems
- Lead efforts to strengthen IREX’s business processes and increase capacity to respond to non-USG proposals
- Design and write technical narratives, concepts, expressions of interest, and other documents in support of donor proposal submissions
- Help to increase IREX’s visibility with identified donors
- Track funding trends and intelligence to inform new business development strategy
- Develop and manage relationships with donors
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience including new business development for donor funded initiatives
- Strong familiarity with bilateral donors such as DFID, FCO, GAC, SIDA, and their procurement systems
- Experience designing and writing winning proposals for donor funded projects
- Ability to establish and negotiate partnerships in diverse settings
- Technical expertise in one or more of IREX’s practice areas
- Ability to improve business development processes and
- Fluent, professional, written and spoken English required; other languages encouraged
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oHTVafwp&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.