Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI,and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
The Senior Advisor provide strategic and operational support for a given region and is responsible for supporting the Regional Director and Deputy Director from a field-based regional office management of program activities to ensure effective program management and grant implementation.
This is a part time position that will not qualify for benefits.
- Undergraduate in political science, international relations or related field Graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Ten to Fifteen or more years related field experience, or equivalent combination, in program implementation and multi-country office management.
- Working knowledge of politics, economics, history and culture of the region; experience working with political systems and political parties.
- Strong communications and presentation skills in English and Arabic language.
- Ability to effectively direct or participate in complex negotiations with bilateral and/or multilateral government agencies, other funders or relevant audiences. Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet regional needs.
- Proven ability to write effective proposals, reports, procedures, complete required forms, and maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Proven knowledge of USG funding regulations, and familiarity with international NGO interlocutors.
- Experience identifying complex problems and developing creative solutions.
- Willingness to travel to remote and sometime difficult countries.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Works with the Director with input from Lebanon & Syria Program staff to develop and manage short and long-term strategies in alignment with IRI strategic goals for the programs and/or regional/country strategies.
- Serves as a resource for program staff, including addressing implementation challenges and developing innovative and advance program ideas for program development or and new funding outreach efforts.
- Analyzes and reports on political and related developments in specific countries to provide regional and country analysis
- Contributes to identification and analysis of new funding opportunities.
- Travels to other countries as needed for program oversight and implementation
- Reviews/edits grant reports
- Oversees implementation of specific grants or projects, as needed
- Maintains an understanding of donor and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight
- Anticipates potential problems and trouble shoots project problems and offers solutions and actively takes part to lead resolution of them with creative and immediate solutions
- Actively supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on programs assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About the Organization
IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process – including women and youth.