AECOM is seeking an individual to join the dynamic IDEV department serving as the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor. Under this role, the incumbent will gain broad exposure to a variety of fields in international development such as economic growth, agriculture, RTS (Recovery, Transition and Stability, environment, infrastructure and climate change working in many areas of the world such as Eastern Europe, Africa and Latin America. Some of the responsibilities will be to provide high quality technical assistance to projects in the field with data collection and analysis, tracking project indicators, results framework development, theory of change drafting, and launching M&E learning activities. The successful candidate will be actively involved in supporting the Business Development team by drafting Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans. In addition, the incumbent will also support strategic planning and business development initiatives, including growing internal M&E capacity and capabilities through direct mentorship and training.
This position will support the Director of Performance Management in ensuring that AECOM is developing, implementing and maintaining high quality performance monitoring and evaluation systems, compliant with client requirements and serving program management needs.
M&E Technical Support to projects
- Conduct field visits to design performance monitoring/management plans;
- Provide on-going support to field projects as needed, including conducting internal DQAs, mentoring local M&E staff, launching data collection, planning and executing learning events in the field;
- Translate program-level learning and tested approaches that are disseminated at the HO and applied to future programming.
Business Development Support
- Deconstruct Requests for Proposals/ Requests for Task Orders Proposals to identify the results framework, potential indicators, relevant and applicable baseline and routine data collection strategies and methodologies, and financial and human resources needed to successfully implement an M&E strategy;
- Work as an integral member of proposal teams to provide guidance, direction and advice to ensure sound, client-responsive and innovative performance monitoring/ management plans;
- Draft AMELP sections of proposals, other parts of proposals as needed, adapt and/or develop innovative tools for measurement of progress and achievement;
- Participate with the firm’s general business development, marketing activities and new business tracking.
- Work in partnership with BD and practice areas to develop and manage robust M&E mechanisms for effective project execution and lifecycle management
Internal M&E Capacity Building
- Provide regular trainings, ensuring all staff understand, comply with, and integrate their projects with life cycle management processes
- Support field teams in creating a culture of learning that results in improved program management.
- Manage M&E informational resources; ensure M&E information and resources are current, available for staff, and widely disseminated;
- Help develop systems that link field M&E staff to promote information sharing and learning;
- Advanced degree in international development, project evaluation or any other related field
- At least 8+ years of experience conducting project monitoring and evaluation activities
- At least 3 years of experience in USAID M&E procedures and theory
- At least 3 years of proposal development experience for USAID funded projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative methods is desirable
- Experience working with and managing M&E specialists in the field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Work well independently and in teams
- Experience with complexity-aware monitoring is desirable
- Foreign language skills in French, Arabic, Spanish or any other language is desirable
- Build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels and across all practice areas through open communications and constructive feedback
- Actively support the development of individuals and the team by organizing, contributing to, and executing professional development opportunities
- Willingness to travel to field sites with short notice
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- 7+ years of M&E experience in supporting new business development, operations, and project management in implementer home offices and the field
- Experience writing PMPs for proposals and projects, designing M&E systems and tools, training staff on the use of these systems and tools, and working with third-party evaluators
- Experience as a trainer, both formal and informal, with staff from varying educational and cultural backgrounds
- Extensive experience developing and adapting templates and manuals and training colleagues on their use
- Demonstrated experience writing successful M&E sections for technical proposals and contributing to cost proposal development
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within –tight deadlines
- Fluency with Microsoft Office programs
- Available for overseas travel
About the Organization
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.