Chemonics seeks a senior advisor on social marketing and behavior change communications for USAID Build Indonesia to Take Care of Nature for Sustainability (BIJAK). USAID BIJAK is a five-year project, running from 2016 to 2021, designed to promote enduring changes in individual and organizational behaviors that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and conserve valuable marine and terrestrial biodiversity. BIJAK will work at the national level with a range of stakeholders to improve the management of forests and conservation areas and strengthen protections for marine and terrestrial wildlife threatened by illegal or unsustainable trade. To facilitate and support change, BIJAK will work with Indonesian policymakers, civil society organizations, private sector entities, research institutions, and other stakeholders. The senior advisor on social marketing and behavior change communications will serve as a technical advisor for BIJAK’s Component 4 (Improving the social marketing and behavior change communications strategy). In this role, he or she will be responsible for helping BIJAK shift Indonesian social norms, public opinion, and behavior in favor of conservation and wildlife conservation. This position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide senior-level technical input and strategic views on all aspects of Component 4 and relevant activities across the full BIJAK scope of work
- Lead at least one major initiative under Component 4 based on technical expertise; this may include designing and implementing behavior change campaigns and social marketing efforts, developing other communications and awareness campaigns, or improving government or NGO capacity in social marketing and communications
- Identify and support the acquirement of additional technical resources to implement the range of communications work defined for the project
- Monitor and manage technical performance of external consultants, subcontractors, and/or grantee organizations
- Provide input on monitoring and evaluation of project activities, including metrics and data collection methods related to public knowledge, attitudes, and practices; organizational capacity; and media engagement (traditional mass media and social/online media)
- Coordinate with BIJAK project communications team to generate and disseminate program messaging via the project website, social media, and other communications channels
- Advanced degree in communications, social marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in Indonesia designing, implementing, and leading social marketing and behavior change communications campaigns
- Minimum of five years of experience in implementing campaigns through mass media and social networks
- Experience in environmental causes preferred
- Familiarity with survey and polling techniques, the negotiation and formation of alliances and coalitions across interest groups, and working with existing mass media organizations
- Experience with digital content development and outreach and metrics development and implementation
- Strong network with Indonesian media and journalists
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English
Please submit an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to BIJAKRecruitment@bijak-indonesia.org with “BIJAK-SMBCC” in the subject line by August 17, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.