Devex is assisting an international consulting firm dedicated to development.
The Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project is a 5-year activity implemented with rural communities in northern Nigeria’s Sokoto state, Kebbi state and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The project is innovative in design, using a multi-sector approach to help 42,000 very poor households increase agricultural production, income and improve nutrition. The activity is implemented with eight local civil society partners, working closely with stakeholders at the community, government and private sector.
- Review of background documents and preparation work
- Attend team planning meetings and in-brief with USAID
- Support the development of the work plan and data collection tools, including pre-testing and revisions
- Conduct information and data collection activities in Abuja and several zones for field data collection
- Support the development of the evaluation report, and preparation and presentation of preliminary findings
- Conduct exit brief and development of report outline
- Support the development of the final evaluation report, in consideration and inclusion of USAID’s feedback
- Evaluation work plan
- Evaluation design (protocols)
- In-briefing upon arrival in Abuja, mid-term updates, and final exit briefing
- Draft evaluation report
- Final evaluation report with final PowerPoint presentation according to specified template
- Experience in evaluation of agricultural value chains and markets in developing countries
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in agricultural program management and some experience working with finance for vulnerable populations.
- West Africa/regional experience required.
- Ability to conduct interviews and discussions in English and at least one major Nigerian language.
- Familiarity with USAID’s evaluation policies and guidance included in the USAID Automated Directive System (ADS) in Chapter 200
- Strong technical/evaluation report writing and communication/presentation skills
- Proficient in English with strong English language writing skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About the Organization
The organization is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to the development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to the government, the private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. The organization data-driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. The organization’s core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.