Social Impact (SI) has been contracted as of September 2018 for a 36 month summative evaluation of the community-based off-grid (CBOG) renewable energy (RE) grant portfolio under the MCC Indonesia Green Prosperity Project. This evaluation will include three data collection periods—a baseline which was completed in 2018, an interim period to be completed in 2019, and an endline to be completed in 2021.
SI is seeking a Senior Analyst with qualitative evaluation expertise and sector experience in off-grid renewable energy and village-level enterprise ownership and governance (e.g. BUMDes, co-operatives, etc.) who will be responsible for facilitating grantee interaction, development and oversight of qualitative data collection, and report writing and dissemination. This is a short term consultancy position, to provide intermittent work (up to 133 days) over the 36 month period of performance. This work will include full-time commitment to field data collection for 3-4 weeks at a time in late 2019 and late 2021 in Berau, East Kalimantan and/or Sumba, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia, with intermittent part-time commitment during the evaluation design, reporting, and dissemination stages. Non-field data collection tasks will be completed from the Analyst’s home office.
- Meet with grantees and local institutional stakeholders, such as BAPPENAS and PLN (Indonesia’s Electric Utility), on behalf of the evaluation team as required
- Contribute writing and consultation to an updated evaluation design report, including methodologies for assessing outcomes and sustainability of RE programming
- Develop and finalize key informant interview, and focus group discussion instruments for qualitative work, ensuring relevant RE themes are adequately incorporated
- Lead a sub-team of qualitative researchers during data collection periods
- Analyze qualitative data in Dedoose or similar software
- Lead the drafting, finalization and presentation of the interim/final evaluation reports
- Master’s degree or higher in public policy, international development, sociology, anthropology, engineering or other related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience designing qualitative research protocols or questionnaires and overseeing data collection
- At least 5 years of experience conducting qualitative data analysis including proficiency with Dedoose, ATLAS.ti, or similar software
- Relevant field experience in Southeast Asia
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia required
- Relevant field experience in Indonesia
- Experience working in renewable energy and village-level enterprise ownership and governance (e.g. BUMDes, co-operatives, etc.)
- Past experience with project stakeholders including BAPPENAS and/or PLN
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.