SI is seeking a full-time Senior Assistant, Accounts Payable to support the accounts payable cycle to ensure accurate and timely payments. The Senior Assistant, A/P, will work collaboratively other team members to ensure data entered precisely and promptly in the accounting system.
- Create daily PO vouchers in CostPoint (CP) procurement module.
- Review and approve employee advances and expense reports in CP expense module.
- Prepare AP vouchers and ensure proper supporting documentation is attached.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers (ACH/EFT), checks, and international wire payments.
- Update and maintain AP Vendor records.
- Prepare monthly allocation reports.
- Reconcile company credit cards.
- Reconcile employee and consultant advances.
- Assist with month end closing tasks
- Review and respond on a regular basis to emails/inquiries arriving through A/P mailbox.
- File A/P transactions and banking payments.
- Make bank deposits.
- Assist with annual 1099 reporting.
- Assist with other general accounting duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience/
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic accounting software/database; Excel and Word skills.
- Knowledge of the use of office machines and equipment.
- Knowledge of operating practices; policies and procedures of an accounting department; ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to project a positive, concerned image to the client (internal and external).
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Detailed oriented.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.