Avenir Health, a global health organization that works to enhance social and economic development, is seeking to hire a Senior Associate with strong quantitative skills to contribute to costing, modeling, and planning activities that support international donors and national programs.
- Supporting the development and application of analytical frameworks and quantitative tools for prioritization of health interventions
- Contributing to development and application of simulation models for new health technologies
- Analyzing impact, cost, and cost-effectiveness of programs
- Carrying out literature review and extraction of relevant impact and cost data
- Supporting design of health costing guidelines
- Contributing to writing of reports and peer-reviewed journal articles
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A relevant post-graduate degree (MPH, etc.) in public health, economics or other social sciences, or a health-related field
- Five years’ experience in international public health
- Experience in and knowledge of developing country family planning programs
- Detail-oriented with excellent quantitative skills
- Expertise with Excel
- Excellent communication (email, presentation, writing) skills
- Knowledge of developing country population and health issues.
- Ability to work successfully across a wide range of teams and projects and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to travel to developing countries as needed (10 -40% of time), and ability to work well with developing country counterparts and support capacity building
- Proficiency in a second language (French, Spanish, or Portuguese) a plus
- Experience/knowledge/understanding of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment interventions a plus
- Experience/knowledge/understanding of social and behavior change interventions a plus
The position is based in Washington DC, USA
Avenir Health offers excellent compensation and a competitive benefits package.
Qualified candidates should email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org