Location: New York City
Posted: July 2019
Priority Deadline: Augustly 2019
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Associate, Finance & Administration works in close partnership with the Director, Finance & Administration to provide overall financial support to program teams, prepare financial analyses for management, and assist in external reporting for grants and external stakeholders. The Senior Associate also provides crucial integration between program teams and institutional systems, processes, and tools by serving as trainer, front-line support, project manager, and systems administrator.
- Collaborates with programs/department teams to perform monthly budget vs actual reports for review meetings – including analyzing program budgets, commitments, and performing variance analysis
- Coordinates quarterly reprojections process and ensures realignments are within budget, compliant, and fiscally appropriate given revenue and donor commitments
- Works closely with the External Relations and program teams to support full life-cycle of donor reporting from proposal development, to grant financial reporting, to close out; manages system to track multi-year revenue (in hand and in the pipeline)
- Collaborates closely with accounting team to perform expense reclasses, ensuring data in the system is accurate; works to develop systems and guidelines to standardize and improve how information flows into various systems
- Facilitates internal contract review and approval process; assist with drafting, makes recommendations, and performs financial review; maintain the contracts library
- Serve as systems administrator for key institutional systems and as project management lead or support for large scale organizational roll-outs of systems, processes, and tools; provides training and updates reference materials as needed.
- Works closely with the Director, Program Quality & Compliance on subgrant compliance, management, and reporting.
- Manage on-boarding and off-boarding efforts as it relates to finance, accounting, and institutional technology, including setting up user accounts and preparing evergreen training materials
- Works closely with Office administrator to provide support on technology for staff and with our outsourced IT vendor.
- Maintains key Finance & Administration calendar of deadlines, projects and timelines.
- Completes special projects as required by the Director of Finance
- 4-6 years of cumulative work experience in areas of financial planning, financial management, and/or analysis, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting; Master’s degree preferred but not required
- NGO experience with grants reporting compliance and experience with managing restricted projects (time, program, and deliverable based)
- Project manager: experience and knowledge of project management best practices.
- Technology savvy, with understanding of infrastructure, data, and systems integration
- Data Wiz: you are passionate for numbers, aligning programs and finance, are energized by finding new ways to represent and analyze data
- Advanced skills in Excel and experience with Women Deliver’s institutional systems preferred: QuickBooks, ADP, Concur, Box
- Process Improvements: we are growing and evolving and committed to doing work effectively and efficiently. You like to streamline or improve a process and won’t hesitate to share your ideas in making it happen
- Spirit of customer service: a truly collaborative and supportive personality with the ability to work cross functionally and articulate a point of view with a hands-on, positive, can-do attitude
- Passion for Women Deliver’s mission
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to:email@example.com
About the Organization
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment–political and financial –in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.