Summary of Position:
The Senior Associate, Finance & Administration in this new role will work in close partnership with the Director, Finance & Administration to provide overall financial support to program teams, prepare financial analyses for management, and assist in external reporting for grants and to the various donors of Women Deliver. The Senior Associate will also lead the project management function (PMO) of a growing finance team as well as be the primary administrator of key financial reporting, HR, grants compliance, and technology systems.
This position will report to the Director, Finance & Administration and dotted line to the Senior Advisor who leads special projects and talent/organizational development.
- Develops monthly budget vs actual reports for review meetings – including assisting in updating projections, performing variance analysis, and ensuring changes flow to related reports and dashboards.
- Works closely with the External Relations and program teams to support full life-cycle of donor reporting from proposal development, to grant financial reporting, to close out; manages system to track multi-year revenue (in hand and in the pipeline).
- Serves as primary administrator for key organizational systems including: Concur (travel and expense functions) and ADP (payroll, time keeping and benefit functions); provides training and updates reference materials as needed.
- Supports Senior Advisor in the administration of key HR processes and benefits – including time keeping, payroll, benefits, performance appraisals, merit/promotion process, open enrollment, trainings and required state/federal employment reporting.
- Serves as project management lead or supports focal point designated for large scale organizational roll-outs of reports, processes and/or systems.
- Works closely with the Director, Program Quality & Compliance on subgrant compliance, management, and reporting.
- Works closely with the senior staff on maintaining insurance policies (including tracking renewal timelines and drafting renewal materials) and compliance functions related to 403b.
- Project manages on-boarding and off-boarding with Senior Advisor for all staff including new hire set-up with systems, technology and trainings.
- Works closely with Office Manager to provide support on technology for staff and with our outsourced IT vendor.
- Maintains key Finance & Administration calendar of deadlines, projects and timelines.
- Completes special projects as required by the Director of Finance & Senior Advisor.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- 4-6 years of cumulative work experience in areas of financial planning, financial management, accounting and/or non-profit accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Experience with US and Intl grants and contracts, reporting and related compliance requirements.
- Experience in budgeting and reporting.
- Experience with PMO best practices.
- Thorough understanding of General Ledger Systems.
- Experience with, financial control setting and budget development.
- Technology savvy, with experience managing information technology projects.
- Experience with fund accounting, including managing time- and use-restricted funding streams.
- Experience managing burn rates and cost budgeting required.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and other accounting software.
- Proficiency in ADP, Concur and Salesforce preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- A truly collaborative personality with the ability to work cross functionally and articulate a point of view with a hands-on, positive, can-do attitude.
- Passion for Women Deliver’s mission.
About the Organization
Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.