Senior Associate, Foundation Partnerships
UNICEF USA is seeking a Senior Associate to provide grants management and business development support for the Foundation Partnerships team.
The Senior Associate, Foundation Partnerships will be responsible for three key functions:
- Grants management support for processing and functions across the team from day to day transferring of funds to drafting term statements and quality control
- Business Development - Provide data collection support for partner briefs and research to identify alignment with prospects. Manage and track outreach approach to partners and prospects
- Team Operations - Facilitate team organization and efficiency to deliver to key business priorities
The Senior Associate will support key portions of the Foundation Partnerships team mandate in support of UNICEF’s work in the key strategic areas such as nutrition, polio, and maternal and child health. In general, such support will consist of research, writing, partner outreach/client management and various analytical tasks, with a particular focus on grants management. In addition, assist with business development strategy to grow and diversify portfolio of thematic investment across partner landscape.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Foundation Partnerships, the Senior Associate will support the Foundations Partnerships team in research, strategy, and engagement related to new business development. The Senior Associate will support the development of new business opportunities to aid the Foundation Partnerships team in achieving its annual revenue targets.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Provide secondary support on complex grant portfolios
- Temporarily fill in for primary grant manager as needed
- Draft sections of key documents, including grant proposals, sub-award agreements, reports, and presentations intended for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Ensure timely execution of grant/sub-award agreements, entry/updating of project records in the grants management database and execution of funds transfer to sub-awardees
- Prepare and deliver reports/presentations to internal and external stakeholders on progress of partnerships
- Conduct due diligence to identify legal, procedural and financial issues for potential grants/sub-awards prior to proposal submission/approval, as well as over the life of multi-year grant projects
- Develop and maintain up-to-date versions of standard attachments to grant applications and assist team members to assemble grant application proposals
- Represents the team on select tasks forces and cross-departmental projects
- Support on key research and landscape analysis
- Input on thematic research and partner briefs
- Prepare or collect meeting notes and presentation materials
- Generate periodic e-mail review/assessment of key themes, developments, projects, grants, programs, etc., in the Foundation Partnerships & global development community
- Lead process of transferring grant funds to UNICEF and sub-awardees
- Oversee various systems for managing and tracking key phases in the life cycle of grant-funded programs
- Ensure that sub-award templates are in line with organizational policies
- Train new staff and provide onboarding support
- Liaise with finance and compliance personnel on legal, procedural and financial issues regarding sub-granting/contracting processes
- Focal point for grants management processing and data quality, and Grants Management team. Ensure consistent and streamlined administrative and financial processing and workflow
- Support on administrative tasks, such as note taking, building and preparing analytic reports, presentation design
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree strongly preferred in international development, international relations, global/public health, public policy/advocacy, economics or a related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in grants management, client services
- Knowledge of U. S. & international grant-making rules and regulations, as well as private foundation policies, desired
- Familiarity with current global health/development issues
- Strong communication skills and ability to contribute to proposals, reports, research and presentations
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, handle multiple, complex tasks simultaneously, generate pragmatic solutions to address potential roadblocks as well as leverage key opportunities
- Ability to navigate complex environments, and help build relationships with a variety of different institutions
- Strong “client service” orientation and interpersonal as well as negotiation skills, quantitative and analytical skills, and written/verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
To Apply- All Applicants Must Apply Online at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=974
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.