Senior Associate, Foundation Partnerships - Business Development
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Foundation Partnerships - Business Development, the Senior Associate will support the Foundations Partnerships team in research, strategy, and engagement related to new business development. The Senior Associate will support the development of new business opportunities to aid the Foundation Partnerships team in achieving its annual revenue targets and will also provide grants management support across the team as needed.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Research large institutional foundations based in the United States and assist in the identification of new partnership opportunities
- Screen potential partners to determine prospective areas for engagement and ensure accuracy of revenue projections
- Support development and refinement of market assessments for specific program areas and business cases supporting partnership opportunities
- Maintain an understanding of the philanthropy landscape; identify and support opportunities to elevate UNICEF USA in the wider foundations/philanthropy landscape
- In collaboration with senior leadership and foundations team staff, develop, maintain and support new business development strategies for individual foundations
- Maintain a clear understanding of each team member’s portfolio, UNICEF and foundation program areas; identify opportunities for collaboration among staff and partners
- Identify and support opportunities to work with UNICEF USA regional offices, boards and senior leadership on new business development
- Ensure consistency and timely updates of research and engagement plans
- Attend meetings and events with UNICEF and/or foundation partners
- Manage internal and external requests for information, briefing materials and presentations related to Foundation Partnerships new business development
- Create and maintain an events calendar that includes key UNICEF USA, UNICEF and external events; support participation and engagement around key events
- Manage partner involvement in UNICEF USA and UNICEF events, including invitations, briefing materials and follow-up
- Work across Development and Marketing & Communications teams to make connections that elevate UNICEF USA and Foundation Partnerships in the wider foundations/philanthropy landscape
- Ensure timely updates of donor information and engagement in BBCRM database
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three to four years’ experience in business development with demonstrated track record of successfully securing funding for large-scale partnerships/projects
- Ability to navigate complex and changing environments
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and networking skills with a track record of building mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while consistently meeting deadlines is essential
- Experience working with international children’s issues is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; must be skilled internet researcher
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include some weekend and evening commitments
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.