Position: Senior Associate/Officer, Accounting
Duty Station: Montpellier, France
Closing Date for Applications: 6 January 2019
This vacancy may close early if a suitable shortlist is identified from prospective candidates, whom we will be reviewing as applications are received. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply promptly.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled professional to fill the position of Accounting Senior Associate/Officer with the CGIAR System Organization’s Financial Services team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to a world free of poverty, hunger, and environmental degradation.
Summary of the Position
The position works as an integral member of the Financial & Digital Services unit to ensure smooth flow and effectiveness of the System Organization’s financial accounting activities and is responsible for the following key areas:
• Effectively supporting the successful delivery to a high standard of accounting services including managing accounts receivables, processing payments and reimbursements and maintaining an up-to-date cashbook
• Contributing to financial reporting and records management including financial data compilation, reconciliation and analyses and supporting the preparation of responses to internal and external audit queries
• Maintaining and supporting continuous improvement of accounting guidelines, systems, tools and processes to strengthen operational efficiency
Qualifications, Experience & Competences
This position requires an experienced accounting professional with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy, who can work comfortably with numbers and has a broad understanding of basic accounting principles. To apply for this position, the ideal candidate must be well-versed in international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and accepted accounting principles and possess the following:
• University Degree (Advanced Degree for Officer) in accounting, finance or a professional accounting certification from ACCA, CIMA, CIPS or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years’ post-qualification experience in a similar position supporting Financial Accounting activities
• Fluency in written and spoken English
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and CV in English and as separate PDF attachments; ensuring that neither document contains your marital status, age or photograph.
Note: All received applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The selected candidate will be employed by the CGIAR System Organization. Appointments are typically for a fixed term of 3 years, with a possibility of renewal subject to the System Organization’s needs and funding.
The CGIAR System Organization is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation with a favorable taxation arrangement in France, and comprehensive employee benefits comprising extensive insurance coverage, a retirement plan and relocation support where applicable.
About the Organization
Who We Are
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations, and the private sector. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries.
Established in 2012, the CGIAR System Organization provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The System Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity. We endeavor to foster a multi-cultural environment that is free of any form of harassment and discrimination; and that embraces and values individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, national or social origin, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
Please find more information about CGIAR at www.cgiar.org