The Senior Associate, Partnerships and Private Sector Engagement, on the Technical Services Team will provide critical technical expertise throughout project life cycles and play a vital role in our business development efforts across the firm. The Senior Associate will provide thought leadership, business development support, and technical implementation of projects related to private sector engagement and market-based approaches. The Senior Associate will support Resonance’s technical implementation of multiple complex US- and field-based USG-funded contracts, as well as related corporate sustainability projects. They will also lead capture and proposal development for USG, other donor, and corporate contracts.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Founder and Chief Innovation Officer. Ability to travel 25% internationally on short notice required. This position has the option of being full-time remote or working from our Washington, DC, Burlington, VT, or Seattle, WA offices after our offices reopening.
OUTCOMES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Technical Direction and Client Engagement (50%)
- Providing senior technical direction on engagements with corporate, foundation, donor, and commercial clients. Serve as team leader for partnership assessments, private sector landscape analyses, trainings etc.
- Providing executive-level partnership workshop facilitation and co-creation for senior-level executives of companies, donors, and NGOs. Serve as a moderator for Resonance-sponsored convenings, panel discussions and webinars.
Business Development (25%)
- Serving as a lead (or contributing) technical writer on 1-2 USAID proposals/year in one or more of the following technical areas: private sector engagement; economic growth; trade; competitiveness; natural resource management; conservation finance; climate resilience and adaptation for the Government Services Team.
- Providing inputs and feedback in support of proposals and pitch decks for corporate and foundation clients for the Impact Advisory team.
- Serve as a member of client capture teams.
- Maintain, expand, and enhance Resonance’s business and partner network, including commercial, foundation, and NGO partners.
Thought Leadership, KM and Learning (25%)
- Author (or co-author) articles, blogposts and other publications on partnerships and private sector engagement.
- In collaboration with HR and Knowledge Management, support the professional development of Resonance staff through the creation and delivery of partnership and PSE-related trainings, tools, and frameworks.
- Build and manage a Partnership Center of Excellence (CoE) that brings together interested staff from across the firm regularly to learn from each other and external partnership experts, create and communicate industry standards, and develop resources.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, Natural Resource Management, or another relevant field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in a global development and/or management consulting context, including experience in cross sector partnerships and private sector engagement
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience with partnership workshop facilitation and co-creation, particularly using participatory methods
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience of writing technical proposals in one or more of Resonance’s technical sectors and with the USAID business development cycle
- Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience with cross-sector partnerships and/or Private Sector Engagement in an emerging market context
- Eligibility to work in US
- Client focus & engagement
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Problem solving orientation
- Ability to foster open communication and actively listen
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Drive and commitment
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strong organizational skills, planning, and time management
$107,000-$131,000 USD depending on qualifications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Ability to travel up to 25% internationally on short notice.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
US work authorization required.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Resonance is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Resonance hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial, and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.