The Senior Benefits and Compensation Manager is responsible for the overall administration and maintenance of Creative’s Benefits and Compensation (B&C) programs. This position will establish and maintain strong relationships with staff, vendors and other stakeholders to effectively support Global HR Operations.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports directly to the Director of Global HR Operations.
- All HR-Benefits and Compensation programs and administrative activities deliver impactful, demonstrably effective, and value-added results across the portfolio of B&C programs;
- All compensation recommendations, decisions and systems are supported by forthright, innovative, and accurate metrics, analytic platforms, and analyses, including relevant compensation market intelligence, effective job analyses, and organizationally-relevant and compliant policies and programs.
- All HR-Benefits programs deliver high utility through innovative design, compliant structure and management, and thorough, engaging training via a range of learning media.
- HR-Benefits & Compensation team is recognized as routinely delivering Platinum-standard programs and services.
- Provide expertise to Creative on compensation analysis, including FLSA compliance, assisting with job description analysis and salary structure;
- Provide/Develop local (field) compensation and benefits planning and support to Business Development and HR Operations;
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures and recommends wide scope changes in plans which are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objective;
- Manage coordination of annual merit process, budgets and system wide projects;
- Work closely with the Director of HR, to design, implement, and manage salary classification and compensation programs;
- Develop and manage salary survey participation and analysis of salary structure to ensure that organizational compensation objectives are achieved;
- Utilize internal and external data to ensure equitable compensation administration across all departments;
- Advise on all salary increase requests; and
- Assist managers with compensation issues to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation policy; assists employees with pay related issues.
- Provide expertise to Creative on benefits administration, for both domestic and international employees including, conducting new hire benefit briefings and maintaining administration and benefits materials to assist employees with benefit programs such as, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, life insurance, STD/LTD, Retirement, FMLA, paid time off and other programs;
- Point of contact for all Creative worker’s compensation related claims. Works with vendor on the timely submission and processing of such claims;
- Provide organization wide quality and timely support related to all compensation and benefit inquiries;
- 401(K) planning and administration;
- Serve as a contact and liaison with plan providers and brokers;
- Participate in benefits surveys and in making recommendations that ensure Creative offers the most cost effective and competitive benefit plans possible;
- Market benefit plans to Creative employees, job candidates and educate staff by conducting open enrollment briefings and other regular plan informational sessions;
- Conduct individual and group sessions to aid Creative employees in plan selections and utilization;
- Meet with Creative employees to educate and discuss leave of absence plans and options;
- Enroll Creative employees in the appropriate benefits and absence plans in UltiPro;
- Ensure HR staff is appropriately trained and current on benefit plans;
- Manage wellness initiatives including program development, event planning of wellness fair, providing educational resources and opportunities for all employees;
- Produce Creative requested or necessary reports on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis;
- Creative organizational compliance with both state and federal regulatory standards for all benefit plans;
- Invoice and carrier interface file reconciliation;
- Required financial and government reporting; and
- Serve as project lead or team member for various HR and inter-departmental projects.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field of study.
- Six plus years of HR experience, three of which in international HR covering compensation analysis, FLSA, benefits enrollment systems, general knowledge of benefits, and claims coordination.
- Experience working for an international development contractor or agency preferred government contractor preferred.
- Proven ability to demonstrate good analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Communicate clearly with broad range of employees in a calm, professional, and polite manner.
- Ability to make sound judgments concerning the interpretation of plans, company policies, procedures and customer service matters.
- Must take initiative.
- Demonstrated strength in plan administration and regulatory compliance required.
- Strong analysis and process orientation skills required.
- Must be able to discover/anticipate problems that may arise in administrative practices, contracts and policies.
- Must be detailed oriented - with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving.
- Must be customer-service oriented with ability to follow up, resolve and close all issues in a timely manner.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.