The Senior Business Development Associate will coordinate new business proposals in DevTech’s core practice areas. This position will be involved throughout the Business Development process from the initial go/no-go decision, through production, and delivery of final proposal, including assisting the proposal team in meeting deadlines and ensuring inputs meet DevTech’s quality standards. S/he will have direct, hands-on experience with the entire proposal development process with a goal of producing compliant, responsive and compelling proposals. The incumbent will demonstrate a capacity to interact collaboratively with co-workers and consultants.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of new business proposals, ensuring compliance with DevTech’s best practices as well as donor rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Lead the interpretation of solicitation requirements for document organization and production.
- Support proposal and technical leads in developing preliminary technical, staffing, and teaming strategies and in solidifying value propositions for the opportunity.
- Create and tailor templates and compliance matrices for assigned proposal efforts based on submission requirements.
- Assemble color review drafts providing formatting and basic editing support; provide final formatting and layout of proposals in preparation of production, including technical and annexes.
- Direct the production, binding/packaging of final proposals, and coordinate delivery as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of effective proposal development procedures, tools, and templates.
- Monitor and track anticipatedUSG and other donor solicitations through various procurement portals.
- Conduct research on early stage opportunities to understand competitive landscape, funding environment, and client priorities.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of proposal libraries and update business development trackers.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in international development, preferably related to business development and a master’s degree in international relations or relevant field OR a minimum of five (5) years of experience in international development, preferably related to business development and a bachelor’s degree in international relations or relevant field required.
- Understanding of the proposal development process for international donors, especially USAID.
- Knowledge of USAID and/or USG procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of international development, with knowledge in the areas of education or economics.
- Strong organizational, personal communication, and writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools; must be a power user and show deep proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat. Experience with graphic design packages is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Experience with graphic design packages is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in a second language is highly desirable.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.