Aktis is now looking to hire an experienced business development manager to work within our Client Engagement Team to drive growth across the company.
The Client Engagement Team (CET), based in London, operates across Aktis’ regional office to support business development, client engagement and account management in order to pursue new opportunities and expand Aktis’ portfolio in conflict and security work in FCAS.
The business development manager will be responsible for leading, managing and coordinating the pursuit of new opportunities and submission of high quality and successful bids. The role will support CET to continually refine and improve business development approaches and systems across the company. The successful candidate is expected to take a lead in liaising and building relationships with new and existing clients, partners, associates and competitors. This will involve analysing the business landscape to identify and pursue new opportunities in existing and new markets to ensure Aktis meets its ambitious targets for growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Head of Client Engagement in meeting with donors, clients and other stakeholders, carrying out donor research, support bid teams, offer guidance and technical knowledge.
- Supporting Aktis Strategy at large, including our regional offices including support with grants, bids, concept nores, guidance/training.
We are looking for individuals who have been operating in business development roles and are looking to join a fast growing and ambitious organisation and have
- 4+ years of business development and client engagement experience within an international setting
- Proven track record of securing international development projects through management and writing of concept notes and proposals;
- An understanding of HMG donors and understanding of additional international donors would be advantageous.
- Experience leading commercial aspects of bids
- Outstanding English writing skills
- Willingness to travel
For a full job description and application link click on ‘Apply’.
About the Organization
Aktis Strategy is an organisation led by some of the world’s foremost consultant practitioners in problem-solving for fragile and conflict-affected countries. With knowledge and expertise across the spectrum of security sector reform, governance, justice/rule of law, conflict management and countering extremism, Aktis specialises in devising, managing and evaluating complex programmes to address challenging political and institutional problems. Recent field operations have been conducted in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, and Tunisia. More information is available at the Aktis website, www.aktisstrategy.com.