The Senior Business Development Manager is an integral part of the business development process for anticipated USAID programming. The Senior Business Development Manager will participate in all aspects of the business development process and ensure close coordination and collaboration with the Business Development Manager, Practice VPs, and Business Development Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
General Business Development
- Identify, manage, and lead new business opportunities;
- Make strategic contributions to AECOM New Business strategy and lead or contribute to efforts to expand business lines;
- Supervise, mentor, and train staff and interns on USAID and other client procurement processes, and proposal writing;
- Identify, implement, and manage New Business process improvement opportunities; train junior BD staff;
- Identify and represent AECOM at appropriate industry and sector events related to business development and IESC’s program areas;
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationships with clients and partners and conduct business negotiations as requested;
- Other duties as assigned.
Capture and Proposal Development
- Serve as capture and proposal manager, proposal integrator or writer, and/or proposal reviewer to manage or lead the development of multiple proposals including IDIQs;
- Lead or contribute to targeted capture efforts and proposal assessment trips as requested;
- Lead or manage proposal teams including sub-contractors/sub-partners, consultants; and ensure rigorous proposal process implementation, including timely submission of high quality technical and cost proposals;
- Manage the development of proposal strategy, engage in the design team, develop the outline and assure calendars are set for each proposal in close cooperation with the technical team;
- Ensure compliance with all procurement requirements;
- Write or integrate technical approaches and/or other sections of proposals including, but not limited to corporate qualification statements, past performance reports and management sections;
- Guide the proposal recruiter on the selection of qualified candidates for proposals, and participate in interviews and negotiations as needed;
- Review proposal budgets for alignment with the technical approach;
- Develop and support negotiations of teaming agreements with US and international partner organizations and negotiate local partner teaming agreements.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as business administration, English, international affairs/development, economics, finance.
- 5+ years of experience in business development and proposal development in the USAID-funded international development field
- Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of capture and proposal processes for USAID proposals is required
- Demonstrated proposal writing skills, and experience in developing USAID proposals is required;
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience in USAID budgeting and cost proposals
- Demonstrated knowledge USAID rules and regulations, especially as they apply to pre-award stage
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with excellent writing and computer skills
- Flexibility to assume a workload which frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities
- Ability to work and deliver under strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) along with organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel internationally to developing countries on short notice
- Professional fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic
- Experience supervising and mentoring BD staff
- Technical knowledge and capability in one of AECOM IDEV’s business lines is strongly preferred
How to Apply: Please send CV/resume that clearly shows you meet all qualifications requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Business Development Manager” in the subject line. Please include and a list of at least three professional referees that includes name, contact information, and work relationship to the referee.
About the Organization
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.