Social Solutions International is seeking a Senior Business Development (BD) Manager to join a growing business development team. The successful candidate will perform various duties related to opportunity searching, business capture, proposal development, proposal reviews and other business development efforts across the organization. The Senior BD Manager supervises one employee.
The Senior Business Development Manager will:
Manage the development, production and submission of proposals
- Manage the business development cycle from capture to award
- Assess RFPs/RFQs and contribute to Bid/No-bid decision-making
- Draft Expressions of Interest and/or questions for submission to the Client
- Lead and manage the proposal development process, coordinating the inputs of technical writers, cost-preparers, partners, subcontractors, and other contributors
- Delegate writing assignments, review drafts, edit and format draft proposal sections, prepare appendices and coordinate the production process
- Manage complex relationships, teaming agreements and subcontracts with partners during the proposal development process
- Ensure adherence to proposal timelines and templates
Assist the Business Development Team
- Performs market research and analysis
- Identify New Business Opportunities and maintain a Business Development Pipeline
- Seek new business opportunities by maintaining contacts with existing and potential clients as well as with existing and potential partners
- Contribute significant levels of writing and editing to proposals
- Serve as proposal reviewer and technical sounding board
- Make recommendations for strategic marketing and communications
- Create and maintain BD resources including project descriptions, past performance references, and a Proposal Development Manual
- Maintain proposal files and other BD records including draft and final proposals, CVs, PPRs, Capability Statements and other documents
- Master’s degree and at least 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. At least 3 to 5 years of experience managing proposals.
- Extensive experience with USAID business development required, knowledge of other U.S. government agencies and foundation strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable handling multiple projects and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Adaptable, able to work and manage proposals through change. Should have significant attention to detail.
- Understanding of the donor-funded global health market is highly desirable.
- Able to work as part of a team and manage initiatives that require collaboration across multiple functional areas.
- Creative and strategic thinker, business savvy, able to set short and long-term business goals while taking in consideration the business environment and external competitors.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationship with current and potential partners.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills. Able to simplify complex ideas and concepts, summarize facts and set opportunities within strategic and operational framework.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20% once business travel is possible.
- Working proficiency in a second language preferred.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.