Do you have a passion for people and the environment? Do you want to contribute to helping those in developing nations? Looking to combine that with your business development skills? This could be the job for you.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking to hire a Senior Business Development Officer to join our Business Development team. The day-to-day activities of the role will include:
- Identifying and keeping track of project opportunities including for multilateral and bilateral development donor agencies, international and regional organizations, and governments of developing nations;
- Liaising with existing and potential partners for ongoing and upcoming tenders and projects;
- Leading tender preparations (e.g. expressions of interest, simplified and full technical proposals, quotations) together with the support of the business development team and partners;
- Representing the company in meetings and in written and verbal communication with existing and potential clients and partners;
- Working closely with the Project Management and Finance and Administration teams to develop sound tenders that will deliver projects to the satisfaction of clients;
- Undertaking short national and international travel associated with business development activities (likely 3-6 times a year); and
- Developing marketing materials (e.g. brochures, fact sheets, capability statements) together with the Business Development team and associate graphic designer.
In line with the above activities and the core sectors of FCG ANZDEC’s work, the ideal candidate will have a:
- Minimum of a masters level qualification in agriculture, environment, sociology, marketing, development, or other field related to FCG ANZDEC’s core sectors of work;
- Strong ability to work as part of a, and to lead a team in tender preparations;
- Demonstrated ability to work to fixed and sometimes tight deadlines, noting a maximum 6 week period for many proposal preparations;
- Previous experience of the development industry, including tender writing and preparations;
- Knowledge of key players in the development industry in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Eligibility to work in a permanent position in New Zealand will be considered an advantage.
About the Organization
FCG ANZDEC is an international development consulting and project management company established in 1970 in New Zealand. Since this date, we have been managing consulting projects globally, in more than 60 countries, primarily in the Asia-Pacific region. Our core sectors span all areas of agriculture development and natural resources management, including water resources, coastal and marine resources, climate change adaptation, and disaster risk management. FCG ANZDEC has a small but diverse in-house team and a large pool of international consultants who work together to design and implement projects for multilateral and bilateral development agencies (such as Asian Development Bank, World Bank, and New Zealand Aid Programme), governments from development countries, and other clients. It is a member of the Finnish Consulting Group, one of the largest international development companies in Finland, with subsidiaries and offices across the world.
Company culture and rewards
FCG ANZDEC is dedicated to offering their employees ongoing professional development. We pride ourselves on having a multicultural team of charitable and environmentally-conscious staff, with a high sense of contribution to poverty alleviation and environmental protection. We value a strong team culture where we enjoy having a laugh and working hard at the same time. We also offer flexible working arrangements with additional special leave; on the job training and continuous development; opportunities to engage with and get support from a hands-on and approachable management that recognizes and values team members; regular staff development opportunities with financial reward for excellent performance; possibility to travel to project countries and be emotionally rewarded by seeing the real impacts on the ground of the day-to-day actions in the office; and career development as the company grows.
If you're looking for challenging work and a friendly environment, and you take pride in your work and like being able to get on with it and deliver, then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be willing to provide at least three references and should be aware that only candidates who have been considered for the position will be contacted.