Senior Business Development Specialist
Location: Arlington, VA
ECODIT is seeking a Senior Business Development Specialist (Senior BDS) to lead or support ECODIT’s business capture and response to solicitations issued under various USAID IDIQs held by ECODIT (in particular REPLACE, WADI, Clean Energy and MCW) as well as outside these IDIQ mechanisms, from USAID and other donor agencies. The Senior BDS will work collaboratively with other ECODIT home office (HO) staff, and will report to ECODIT’s Director of Business Development. S/he will assume the following key roles and responsibilities:
Develop and manage relationshipswith ECODIT’s IDIQ subcontractors, U.S. firms and NGOs, and regional and local organizations in developing countries that are active in ECODIT’s core practice areas (Natural Resources Management [NRM], Water, and Energy);
Maintain and continuously grow a network of high-caliber independent NRM, water, and energy experts and consultants;
Lead new business capture efforts, gathering information on anticipated USAID (and other donor) opportunities around the world. Conduct overseas intelligence-gathering missions to learn more about host country priorities, and build networks within countries where opportunities are anticipated;
Develop and nurture contacts with USAID Bureaus and Missions (and other donor reps) around the world to promote ECODIT’s and its IDIQ consortia’s capabilities in the NRM, water, and energy sectors;
Depending upon qualifications & experience, potentially provide technical leadership for the preparation of technical proposalsin response to solicitations, including making bid/no-bid decisions in coordination with other ECODIT staff; recruiting long- and short-term personnel; coordinating and/or managing proposal development; drafting technical approaches and/or other proposal sections; and providing critical review and feedback to improve draft proposals;
Improve processes for business capture and proposal development and increase collaboration across the firm to increase ECODIT efficiency;
Attend meetingsat USAID with IDIQ Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) and other Agency personnel, as appropriate, and with other donor reps;
Assist in the development of ECODIT Marketing materials, in conjunction with appropriate staff;
Keep current, and share within ECODIT, informationon latest USAID (and other donor) policies, practices, trends, funding priorities, approaches, and thinking; and
Contribute to diversifying ECODIT’s client base by researching, analyzing and conducting outreach to USG and non-USG donor agencies that are active in supporting ECODIT’s practice areas.
The roles and responsibilities described above may be reviewed and fine-tuned to support ECODIT’s growing needs and requirements, and the career path aspirations of the Senior BDS (in ongoing discussions with the Director of Business Development).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus) in international affairs/political science, journalism, or other related field;
- 3-5 years of experience and demonstrated success in developing new business opportunities and working on donor-funded proposals and marketing materials (particularly with USAID);
- Familiarity (preferred) with one or more of the following areas: clean energy, climate change, REDD+, LEDS, food security, forest and biodiversity conservation, water and sanitation, local and urban governance;
- Demonstrated ability to help plan for, prepare, and manage winning proposals for USAID and other major international donors;
- Meeting facilitation skills (in-person, and via phone);
- Ability to work independently and entrepreneurially in a flexible small-business environment, and the ability to juggle multiple needs and meet deadlines;
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders (clients, and the wider development community);
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Fluency in at least one relevant language other than English (e.g., French, Spanish, Arabic) is a plus;
- Strong skills with the Microsoft suite of software, and graphics skills a plus;
- Overseas experience in developing countries is a plus, and the ability/willingness to travel; and
- Experience with USAID regulations is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV under the “Jobs” tab at www.ecodit.com. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please.
About the Organization
ECODIT LLC is a leading international development firm with more than 20 years of experience working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. A U.S. small business, the firm currently holds five USAID Global Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity contracts (IDIQs) in natural resources management (REPLACE), water (WADI), energy (Clean Energy IDIQ for Critical Priority Countries (CPCs) and non-CPCs), and urban and local governance (MCW IDIQ). Since 1997, ECODIT has managed or is currently managing multiple complex, multi-year multi-million dollar USAID-funded projects in the clean energy, water, environment and rural tourism sectors, as well as dozens of short-term, rapid-turnaround assignments in nearly 50 developing countries in all regions of the world. More information is available at www.ecodit.com.