Senior Civil Society Advocacy Program Manager
DAI (Thailand) Limited, an international consulting firm, is recruiting highly qualified and motivated civil society advocacy specialists as the Senior Civil Society Advocacy Program Manager on the USAID-funded Together program in Thailand. The period of employment for this position is approximately three years with possibility of extension. Positions are open to Thai Nationals only.
Initiated in August 2018, Together is a four-year activity that works with the Royal Thai Government to strengthen its capacity to engage and communicate with citizens, increasing its ability to effectively address citizen concerns and strengthen social cohesion. Together collaborates with CSOs to improve their capacity to advocate for public interests and work with government to develop solutions to common challenges. Through its partnerships and activities, Together expands the space for dialogue and reconciliation, and facilitates the growth of attitudes, networks, and mechanisms that nurture peace, tolerance, and responsive governance.
Responsibilities: Based in Bangkok, work closely with partner CSOs to design local and national level advocacy campaigns and provide high-level mentoring during their implementation. Facilitate partner CSO capacity enhancement and participation in advocacy processes. Deliver workshops and training courses for partners to share knowledge and develop joint strategies. Support partner CSOs to engage with government, the private sector, media and other civil society groups in regional and national advocacy processes.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience supporting CSOs in designing, managing and evaluating outcomes of single-issue campaigns and broader advocacy programs and in building CSO capacity to advocate effectively for policy change.
- Strong proficiency with activities, theories, methods and technology in CSO-led and media-supported advocacy campaigns for policy change.
- Excellent advocacy, consensus-building, coalition-building, and leadership skills, and strong knowledge of evidence-based advocacy for policy change.
- Demonstrated experience assessing CSO capacity to conduct advocacy campaigns and designing technical assistance programs to strengthen weaknesses.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and to work collegially and collaboratively with other staff and other organizations and ability to work with groups and individuals across the political spectrum at local and national levels.
- Broad networks with relevant civil society organizations, media and social movements in Thailand.
- Excellent public speaking, facilitation and communications skills.
- Advanced university degree in related field, including political science, sociology, and public administration.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Thai Languages.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (both in English) to ThailandRecruitment@dai.com by 23 December 2019.
Please specify the position title in the subject line of the transmittal email. Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.