The purpose of this five-year Contract is to holistically assist the USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine and Belarus (hereafter USAID/Ukraine) in its overall monitoring, and its collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2018-2023 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). This contract has two major objectives, USAID/Ukraine CDCS implementation support, and holistic support for ongoing Mission monitoring and learning needs.
The Senior CLA Specialist must support Mission collaboration, learning and adapting tasks by contributing initially to the PMP, ensuring that CLA is considered, included, discussed, and scheduled by Mission stakeholders and appropriate COR/AORs and others. S/he must also be responsible for supporting the specific tasks throughout the life of the CDCS, that promote CLA, such as, but not limited to: cross-office synergizing; collaboration across DOs; analyzing and using learning from activities; conducting and facilitating pause and reflect events for the Mission; engaging stakeholders; making adaptation recommendations; and supporting staff capacity-building.
Required qualifications include:
- At least seven years professional experience managing a team conducting collaboration, learning, and adapting in a development context;
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development studies, economics, international relations, statistics, demography, political science or related fields. (While a Master’s Degree is preferred, a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and five additional years of the relevant professional experience noted above may be substituted);
- Eagerness to build capacity and train staff in MEL and CLA skills;
- Understanding of scenario planning, and the use of scenarios/trajectories in program planning and adaptation preferred;
- Willingness to innovate and adapt in all aspects of design, planning and implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, flexible, and creative;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to establish strong working relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- Evidence of open and learning-oriented management style;
- Proven success in leading highly collaborative, dynamic teams and managing change; and
- Proven experience in iterative, flexible, adaptive management of teams and projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian and/or Russian;
- Ukrainian nationals highly preferred.
About the Organization
RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.