Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. The Senior Communication Advisor is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Uganda funded by USAID entitled Voluntary Family Planning (FP) for Improved Reproductive Health and Development. This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
The main result for this USAID-funded activity will be to increase adoption of healthy FP/RH behaviors which will contribute to long term demographic shifts and thus accelerate Uganda’s progress towards its overall development goals.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Kampala, Uganda
* Develop an overall strategy to increase FP use through both branded and generic communication campaigns;
* Lead, plan, and implement the project’s strategic communications, including client communications, workplan development, regular reporting and behavior change strategies;
* Develop and/or update materials used for demand creation;
* Work closely with the Chief of Party to set communication priorities and direction;
* Actively participate in national technical working groups and professional forums;
* Coordinate, identify, and disseminate success stories and best practices from the project;
* Represent project at national, regional, and global technical forums as required.
* Master’s degree or higher in public health, social and/or behaviour sciences or a related field, with a focus on community-level health communication, promotion and/or education.
* A minimum 7 years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing, and assessing large scale health communication programs.
* Deep expertise in evidence-driven, theory-based, behavioural FP prevention interventions.
* Familiarity with innovative, interdisciplinary approaches such as human-centered design and behavioural economics for increasing demand for and use of health products and services.
* Prior experience with building community competency to improve health, and participatory methodologies for engaging beneficiaries in planning and implementing local-level activities.
About the Organization
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.