Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
The overall objective is to promote economic governance and reforms that are conducive to sustainable economic growth, enhanced public and private sector investments, SME development through improved access to finance, job creation and economic inclusiveness in the Southern Mediterranean partner countries.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for an EU - funded project: “Support to Economic Governance and Reforms in the Southern Neighbourhood”
The purpose of this contract is to set-up a Regional Technical Assistance project to:
- Support the expertise and capacities of the Working Party of the Union for the Mediterranean on Industrial Cooperation in conducting reforms conducive to sustainable economic growth and SME development in selected areas of the Small Business Act for Europe, including on access to finance.
- Further strengthen the capacity of the SBA Coordinators and related target groups to advocate for sustainable reforms for MSMEs in selected areas of the Small Business Act.
- Develop a sustainable regional coordination mechanism to raise awareness among key stakeholders, facilitate the sharing of experiences, exchange of views and best practise on policies and tools supporting the development of MSME, in particular their access to alternative financial mechanisms and instruments. A coordination mechanism is defined as a forum where a variety of stakeholders has the opportunity to exchange expertise and best practices and develop common approaches. It should facilitate public private dialogue and bring to the forefront the needs of MSMEs for reforms of policies, legislation and instruments. The regional coordination mechanism should use existing fora at national level, to the extent possible.
- Increase visibility of and communication on the different initiatives launched by the EU in the area of support to MSMEs in the Neighbourhood South including the ‘EU initiative for financial inclusion’ with stakeholders and where possible with MSMEs.
Key expert 4 will be responsible for the designing, implementing and monitoring the communication activities.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree at master level in communication, mass media or marketing. In the absence of a degree, the expert must prove 4 years of professional experience in the field of communication/PR. These 4 years may not overlap with those required under ‘General professional experience’.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Arabic is mandatory.
- Very good level of written and spoken French is considered an asset.
- Awareness of current EU communication strategies, the ‘Communication and Visibility Manual for European Union External Actions’ as well as the profile of the partners
General professional experience
- Professional communication experiences of at least 8 years including excellent drafting/editing skills and proven track record in the production of audio-visual and digital content
Specific professional experience
- Professional communication experience of at least 3 years in the field of economic cooperation, preferably in the banking sector.
- Professional communication experience of at least 3 years targeting Arab audiences in the Southern Neighbourhood.
- Professional experience of in graphic and web design, printing and lay-out, social media campaigns.
- Professional experience in developing and implementing strategic communication activities/campaigns for the European Union is an asset.
Location - ENI Southern Neighbourhood region: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia, and Syria
The location of the regional project office still needs to be determined.
The intended start date is 1 November 2018 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 42 months from this date.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in Europeaid format in English.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.