Under the leadership of the MSI-US Head of Communications and in partnership with the Development team, the Senior Associate will shape and drive MSI-US’ digital presence, as well as our online engagement with US donors and other key audiences. S/he will also help to adapt MSI’s content for US audiences and assist in all other aspects of the team’s projects and priorities.
- Develop targeted and accurate digital communications for US audiences utilizing MSI client stories, photos and video, as well as service delivery data and program impact information.
- Help maintain and grow the MSI-US website.
- Manage the website editorial calendar.
- Create original content to ensure MSI-US website is up-to-date and relevant. Also adapt content from London communications team, as applicable.
- Produce regular Google Analytics reports and use information to inform decisions on website content.
- Manage technical issues and troubleshooting.
- Write blog content, curate client stories and maintain editorial calendar for MSI-US Medium publication.
- Create basic graphics for social media and website using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Using raw photos, video and client interviews, craft compelling stories and graphics for diverse audiences that demonstrate the impact of our work.
- Drive e-newsletter content, contact lists and audience segmentation. Produce regular e-newsletter reports to help shape content and messaging.
- Regularly create social media content and monitor engagement with MSI-US content.
- Support the development of print collateral pieces, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Outstanding English writing skills for a variety of platforms and audiences. All applicants will be required to undergo a written evaluation as part of the recruitment process.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop.
- Strong working knowledge of website content management, e-newsletter programs and social media platforms.
- Deadline oriented and well organized.
- Professional and personable; must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in the reproductive justice and/or international development sector.
- Basic experience with video editing programs.
- Strong creative vision for digital content and graphics.
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding program data.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in communications, with a focus on website and blog writing, as well as social media engagement.
- Strong ability to write for a variety of platforms and products.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with producing and analyzing reports for websites and other digital communications platforms
Please send a short cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for the position. Attach a current resume and a professional website or blog writing sample, along with any applicable social media examples. Email applications should be sent to MSI-US@mariestopes.org with “Sr. Communications Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Marie Stopes International-US (MSI-US) helps women, men and couples have children by choice, not chance, in 37 countries worldwide through fundraising, media outreach and digital engagement in the United States. MSI-US supports the Marie Stopes International (MSI) mission through campaigns that build the MSI brand, increase donations and engage key audiences to advance the sexual and reproductive rights of women and girls, and expand public understanding of why family planning and safe abortion are fundamental building blocks of sustainable development. The MSI-US communications team works closely with MSI’s corporate communications in London to amplify our collective efforts and ensure brand coherence. MSI-US is a registered US 501(C)(3) organization.
MSI exists to empower women and men to have children by choice, not chance. We have an unwavering commitment to reproductive choice, and our team members do whatever it takes to ensure that every woman can choose if and when to have children. We also put our clients at the center of everything we do, and offer each client personalized services based on her individual needs. Qualified candidates for this position will unwaveringly support and embrace our vision, values and mission.
Our dedicated professionals are enthusiastic, adaptable, empathetic and positive. They thrive in an atmosphere of dynamic challenges in their work, are personally motivated to succeed, and enjoy being part of a global team working to make a difference in women’s lives around the world. Confident, resourceful and action-oriented, our people are focused on delivering high-impact programs in collaboration with our donors to ensure our clients around the world receive the highest quality services.
Team Member Benefits
Marie Stopes International - US is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and employee benefits, including 5 weeks annual leave, employer paid medical benefits, 403(b) retirement plan contribution, paid parental leave and a commuter subsidy program. We support a work-life balance and an individual’s desire to learn beyond the experience gained at work through both personal and professional development and growth opportunities.