Senior Communications Manager, USAID CEGAH, Indonesia
USAID CEGAH is a 5-year program dedicated towards strengthening Indonesia’s Community of Accountability. This includes components on rule of law strengthening, accountability and anti-corruption, public service integrity, access to information and civil society strengthening.
**Please note: this is a locally-hired position, open to Indonesian citizens**
CEGAH is keen to ensure that the lessons learned from its research and programming best practices are preserved and shared among implementing partners and the donor community. CEGAH seeks to elevate its capacity to communicate program progress to an external audience.
The Senior Communications Manager will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and will report to the former. S/he will supervise the Communications Assistant/Officer and potentially additional communications staff and/or Consultants.
- Organize and implement CEGAH’s internal and external communications efforts.
- Coordinate responses to USAID requests for information on communication project progress and other queries.
- Oversee and encourage the utilization of project data and communication materials in decision making.
- Maintain relationships with government and CSO beneficiaries to ensure easy access to information.
- Lead CEGAH communications programming, including but not limited to: training for GOI and CSO partners, coaching and on-the-ground support of specific communications and outreach programs, providing technical oversight over communications efforts.
- Ensure the program’s adherence to USAID communications, marketing, and branding guidelines.
- Ensure video documentation project completion is in line with USAID standards and requests.
- Assist and advise field office staff and grantees in the development of suitable communications materials, including methods for production, dissemination, and/or implementation.
- Implement communications and outreach efforts, including:
- Working with field office staff to compile quarterly and annual reports.
- Implementing/overseeing development of knowledge products including: newsletters, fact sheets, success stories, case studies, videos, and other communication and knowledge products.
- Reviewing and finalizing monthly activity plans.
- Ensuring weekly program updates are prepared.
- Maintaining a good selection of human-interest, action/impact-oriented photos, videos, and testimonies.
- Work with the M&E Specialist to ensure that data collected is relevant and feeds back into program improvement. Ensure areas of concern are spotted early and remedied.
- Perform other duties in order to fulfill visibility, communication, and liaison objectives as requested by USAID.
- University degree in relevant field.
- At least five years of relevant experience:
- Experience in communications for development programming, especially in communications with donors; experience working with USAID is a distinct advantage;
- Experience in journalism/producing written materials for a variety of target audiences.
- Native or near-native English language spoken and writing capacity.
- Ability to work confidently within tight timelines.
- Ability to generate a variety of knowledge products from various sources under pressure.
- Knowledge in video production.
- Strong knowledge of governance structure and issues in Indonesia.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.