Job Description Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS hosts the Stop Tuberculosis Partnership Secretariat (STBP) as of 1 January 2015, in Geneva, Switzerland. The vision of the Stop TB Partnership is to realize the goal of elimination of Tuberculosis (TB) as a public health problem and, ultimately, to obtain a world free of TB by ensuring that every TB patient has access to effective diagnosis, treatment and cure; stopping transmission of TB; reducing the inequitable social and economic toll of TB; and developing and implementing new preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic tools and strategies. The Stop Partnership is uniquely positioned to support the development and further implementation by partners of the current and future Global Plan, acting as a coordinator and catalyst for the range of partners engaged in the fight against TB.
Founded in 2001, the Stop TB Partnership’s mission is to serve every person who is vulnerable to TB and ensure that high-quality treatment is available to all who need it. Our partners include international and technical organizations, government programmes, research and funding agencies, foundations, NGOs, civil society and community groups and the private sector.
Under the overall guidance of the Manager, Advocacy and Communications department the incumbent within the Communications and Advocacy section of the Stop TB Partnership, the work of the Senior Communications Officer is to build understanding of STBP’s approaches, achievements and lessons with a wide range of stakeholders, following an effective communications and visibility strategy. The purpose of the Senior Communications Officer is to support Advocacy and Communications Manager in both creative and managerial role for the execution of content delivery for Stop TB Partnership’s (STBP) internal and external audiences. The Senior Communications Officer is required to have a broad communications overview to ensure that editorial and products are targeted for Stop TB Partnership’s mandate and is required to liaise with all departments.
- Working under the overall guidance of the Advocacy and Communications Manager, the Senior Communications Officer is responsible for facilitating high quality editorial output and communications materials, consistent with Stop TB Partnership’s mission and mandate, for use on the Partnership’s main platforms including stoptb.org and social media platforms, and for external purposes;
- The Senior Communications Officer is required to conceptualize, write, edit and disseminate content, video, photos in coordination with the Partnership’s various departments to support advocacy, events, milestone days and programmes;
- Together with the Media and Communications Officer and Web and Partnership Officer, provide support in the development and implementation of the STBP’s Communications Strategy;
- Responsible for broad range of communications products delivered that include brochures, reports, websites and other digital resources, advocacy materials and communications plans;
- The Senior Communications Officer is responsible for line management of the Media and Communications Officer, and Web and Partnership Officer, and Communications Analyst, taking up their roles in the case of absence;
- The Senior Communications Officer is responsible for developing and implementing procedures to ensure smooth production and dissemination of content, including editorial and social media calendars;
- The Senior Communications Officer plays a key role in the development of flagship reports such as the Annual Report, in concert with the Advocacy & Communications Manager;
- The Senior Communications Officer provides overall direction and support to the communications infrastructure and platforms, such as the website (with performance analytics) and is responsible for management of the photo library;
- The Senior Communications Officer develops and is responsible for stakeholder adherence to the brand and style guidelines;
- Undertake recommendations on communications programme strategies, priorities, objectives, products and targets;
- Assess and ensure that content production processes are working well and being adhered to, the Editorial calendar is kept up to date and informs relevant staff;
- The Senior Communications Officer develops and complements corporate materials to support awareness of its purpose and activity among key stakeholders, donors and the public;
- Ensures STBP has a suite of corporate communications products and, editorial and brand guidelines are applied organization wide;
- Develop key messages under the guidance of the Advocacy and Communications Manager and deliver corporate materials;
- Responsible to deliver quality products in a timely manner, and ensure communications products are promoted and used by appropriate staff and audiences;
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery of STBP’s flagship products and reports;
- Information and knowledge is drawn from the programmes/departments, and communicated to relevant audiences as a result of smooth running of team processes;
- Oversee and feed into the production of quality content to ensure that stoptb.org publishes two articles per week minimum, with an equal spread between departments;
- Ensure that social media is active: Facebook, Twitter, Linked In – an upward trend in the analytics;
- Ensure that corporate communications- allocated milestone days and events are prioritized and celebrated with targeted digital campaigns;
- Ensure that opportunities for external communications are explored extensively;
- The Senior Communications Officer is required to support additional tasks as required of the Advocacy & Communications Manager.
Master degree in communication, media studies, journalism, development studies, international or public relations; or a first-level university degree in related fields combined with additional two years of experience in similar responsible position.
Minimum 7 years with a Master degree (or 9 years with a Bachelor degree) with relevant working experience in similar roles in public, development or private sector.
Fluency in both written and spoken English. Fluency in French or any other UN language would be an asset.
About the Organization Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.