Job DescriptionThe Global Health Division (GHD) within RTI•s International Development Group (IDG) is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist (RTI Internal Title: Senior Communications Specialist) to build the profile and visibility of the division•s work, impact, and experts to key audiences. The position is an exciting mid-level•career opportunity for a creative and motivated professional with significant growth potential in a dynamic and vibrant team. This position is to be based in Washington, DC.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Global Health and Senior GHD Managers to design, resource and implement a communications strategy that will increase the profile of RTI•s contributions in global health, particularly in health systems strengthening, neglected tropical diseases, and infectious diseases such as HIV and malaria.
- Liaise with technical experts to disseminate key innovations, learnings, and research to wider audiences
- Work closely with project teams to support the communication of key project learnings, milestones, and impacts
- Lead the development of the division•s marketing and communications content, including brochures, flyers, fact sheets, presentations, speeches, reports, and website content.•
- Maximize the development and use of online multimedia tools and materials to communicate RTI•s expertise and impact on global health.
- Write human interest and success stories. Seek out new and creative approaches to showcase the work of The Global Health Division (GHD) within RTI•s International Development Group (IDG) with a particular emphasis on results in the field.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities for RTI•s technical experts to be featured at key global health events
- Support communications events, including conferences, workshops, webinars, panel presentations, receptions, social media events, press conferences, briefings, etc.•
- Collaborate closely with RTI•s corporate communications office, as well as IDG•s Senior Communications Specialist and communications staff in IDG and across RTI, ensuring that the team•s communications efforts are aligned with RTI-wide goals, initiatives, messaging, and brand
- Design and craft GHD contributions to RTI•s global corporate communications strategies and channels, including social media, corporate website, advocacy, publications and interactions with the media.
- Support GHD wide efforts to enhance internal communications, among global health staff and across RTI.
- Monitor and track news and developments relating to, or impacting our work in global health
- Attend regular /ad hoc conferences and meetings showcasing GHD work and capabilities, and interact with various global health stakeholders.
- Bachelor•s Degree in communications, journalism, international relations, business administration or related field with 6 years of related experience or a Master•s Degree and 3 years of experience. Experience in international or global communications.
- Experience managing communications and social media profiles and activities on behalf of a trade association, think tank, PR agency, corporate communications office, or nonprofit organization preferred.
- Experience in global health preferred.
- Proficiency in creative design applications. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is an advantage.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Enthusiastic learner, with the ability to translate complex scientific models into concepts and visuals that can be appreciated by a more general audience.
- Innovative thinker, with proven strategies for enhancing communication and/or public relations.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues within across a large, global organization.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities, workload, and workflow.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional fluency in language spoken in developing countries will be an asset (e.g. French, Spanish, Kiswahili).
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% time.
- C andidates must submit cover letter including their specific salary requirements.
About the OrganizationIDG Global Health