DAI is looking for a Senior Climate Consultant, to work as part of their busy and expanding Climate Energy Environment Land Team in our Delivery Unit. The position will be based within DAI Europe; located in our spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise. Our technical teams cover: Climate, Energy, Environment & Land, Resilience, Economic Growth (including Trade and investment), and Governance programmes across multiple donors and geographies.
Our portfolio of 200 projects in 100 countries crosses multiple disciplines. Our clients include the UK Department for International Development, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the European Commission, EBRD, the World Bank, other donors and international lending institutions, and private corporations and Philanthropist organisations.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking a proactive masters graduate or candidate with equivalent experience to join our team. We are recruiting a Senior Climate Consultant to deliver high quality technical expertise and business development acumen to grow our project portfolio and support existing assignments. You will work closely with teams and projects to build knowledge and networks and support new business opportunities and innovative technical solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
For the role the successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably a Master’s degree in a relevant field (Environment, Sciences, Engineering, Economics) or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience designing, evaluating and contributing technically to climate-related assignments in an international development context.
- A detailed understanding and demonstrable experience of a range of the following technical areas relating to Climate: Climate Change modelling, Climate Change Risk Assessment, Climate Adaptation, Climate Mitigation, Climate Finance, Climate Resilience, Disaster Risk Reduction, Early Warning Systems, Renewable Energy, MRV, GHG emissions modelling, Community-based Adaptation, Climate mainstreaming, INDCs/NAMA/NAPA and climate policies.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of Natural Resources Management, Conservation, Agriculture, Land-Use Planning, Urban Planning, GIS, M&E and Sustainable Development would constitute an advantage.
- Working experience in developing countries along with experience of working with European and International Donors, and/ or consultancies, think tanks and NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical reports and successful proposals including methodologies or sections thereof.
- Ability to research, analyse and synthesise technical information.
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Fluency in French is highly desirable; Spanish and/or Portuguese would constitute an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive, accountable and action-oriented with strong intellectual agility.
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Able to be flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment whilst maintaining effectiveness.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail.
- Advanced level of MS Office.
- Ability to travel internationally if required.
Experience supporting consulting services or international development projects, especially with DFID or other UK government departments, or experience of working overseas, ideally in a development environment would be an advantage.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 21st February 2020, and interviews will be held progressively. More detailed company information is available at www.dai.com
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, please apply via the link below.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.