DAI is looking for a Senior Consultant, to work as part of their busy Economic Growth Team - part of DAI Europe’s unit delivering major international development projects. The position will be based within DAI Europe; located in spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
Responding to the needs of our growing business we are recruiting a Senior Consultant for our Economic Growth Team. The role will principally involve working closely with colleagues to provide business development inputs and technical assistance to projects.
Candidates with significant, demonstrable experience in trade and/or investment facilitation/promotion are particularly encouraged to apply.
You will be part of a team managing a portfolio of Economic Growth programmes across multiple donors and geographies. You will work closely with the rest of the team on building knowledge and networks, developing new business opportunities and providing technical assistance across these rapidly evolving sectors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field e.g. International Development, Trade, Finance, Economics or similar.
- Evidenced experience in a development environment – either in a developing country or within a development consultancy/organisation or NGO.
- Experience working with major UK or International Donors.
- Evidenced business development experience – including managing and writing proposals.
- Experience of working across a variety of cultures
- Experience providing technical assistance to projects in areas of expertise
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are an asset).
S/he will also be:
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Europe.
- Flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel internationally.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The closing date for applications is 13th December 2019. More detailed company information is available at www.dai.com
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and delivering programmes around the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Previous applicants need not apply
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.