Senior Consultant – Health Facilities Lead
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is seeking to recruit a talented Senior Consultant with expertise in health and leading research and M & E methods related to health facilities to join the team in India. Details about the role are given below.
The role exists as a technical managerial role to:
- Provide technical leadership and direction to applied research and evaluation studies on initiatives to strengthen public health facilities at district and sub-district levels
- Manage a small team to successfully deliver research and evaluation activities on public health facilities
- Produce technical outputs and engage in policy advocacy, communication and dissemination with clients and external stakeholders to leverage research and evaluation activities to have policy and programme impact
- Technical lead on project workstreams related to public health facility strengthening, including:
- Set an overall research and evaluation framework and conceptual direction
- Develop research and evaluation plans and study designs including section of methods and development of innovative approaches
- Ensuring quality and impact to OPM standards
- Stakeholder and client interface and engagement, both in terms of presentation of work and supporting them to act upon the work’s implications
- Developing and disseminating knowledge management products
- External representation of OPM at conferences, seminars etc
- Management, mentoring and professional development support to a small team working on these areas
- Contribute to other workstreams and projects as requested (e.g. on health systems strengthening)
- Business development with new and ongoing clients including the development of proposals
This role is for someone experience and excited by leading technical workstreams within the technical and conceptual frames provided by Project Directors, and being able to make autonomus decisions around quality assurance. Your competence in selection of methods and approaches will be used to it’s full potential, you will have a high level of autonomy in analysis and dissemination. You will provide quality assurance and oversight to people who you manages and be able to confidently engage clients on technical content and its implications.
- Advanced degree in relevant technical domain, PhD preferred
- Sufficient experience (5 years+) to be credible internally and externally as a technical lead on complex workstreams, respected for technical and methodological expertise
- Thematic expertise in primary health care and public health facility strengthening in India, ideally including quality improvement approaches and facility management approaches, as well as EmONC and newborn care
- Methodological expertise in research and M&E methods related to health facilities; sufficiently adept at quantitative methods (particularly its interpretation and analysis) and qualitative methods
- Proven track record of creating high quality outputs including project reports, papers and knowledge management products
- Strong external engagement skills especially client management and interface
As well as a competitive salary, OPM offer a rewarding, interesting and collaborative work environment, with excellent benefits including 30 days holiday entitlement and a good pension scheme. But don’t take our word for it, listen to what our colleagues have to say (link) !
About the Organization
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) enables strategic decision-makers to reduce social and economic disadvantage in low- and middle-income countries through a unique combination of high-quality analysis and more than 35 years’ practical experience in over 120 countries worldwide.
Supported by a multinational team of more than 400 specialists on four continents, our success is based on a unique combination of high-quality analysis and 30 years’ practical experience of facilitating positive change in over 120 countries worldwide. OPM’s expertise, which is underpinned by a strong commitment to capacity building, ranges from social and economic policy to public finance and management, political economy analysis and statistics.
Clients range from bilateral and multilateral organisations such as DFID, UNICEF and the World Bank through to governments, NGOs and private-sector organisations.
With offices in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, South Africa, Tanzania and the United Kingdom, we can provide our clients with rapid, local support and context-specific solutions.
If you are interested in opportunities at Oxford Policy Management, please see our careers page or email us at email@example.com
What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say.