LixCap offers expertise that bridges the Anglo-Saxon and Francophone worlds, especially emerging/frontier markets. To support our growth in this space, LixCap is seeking experts in debt restructuring to serve as Senior Consultants on projects involving commercial debt restructuring for private sector companies in Francophone and developing countries.
Consultants must be experienced in financial structuring, and more specifically in restructuring commercial debt for companies facing difficulties. Applicants must also have experience with French code jurisdictions. An entrepreneurial spirit is an asset.
Consultants should be prepared to work in teams and will be expected to manage complex workflows with a number of distinct components. Projects and workflows will require Consultants to exercise their creativity, ingenuity, and independent judgment skills. Consultants will be expected to aid in developing solutions to complex problems and to add value for clients. Furthermore, selected consultants must also have an ability and willingness to travel.
Senior Consultant candidates must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Excellent command of both written and spoken French is required;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience;
- Relevant advanced training in commercial debt restructuring (bank debt or similar private debt);
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in professional advisory services;
- Experience and expertise in business turnaround in a restructuring context;
- A network of contacts including stakeholders from different sectors (lawyers, bankers, etc.);
- The ability to interact with customers and staff at all levels of a company;
- Proficiency in the use and analysis of financial models;
- Experience in international settings and willingness/availability to travel internationally (pending COVID environment);
- Professional fluency in English is not required but is strongly preferred.
About the Organization
LixCap is an American company based in Morocco, Tunisia, and the United States that provides investment advisory services for economic development, energy and investment projects in emerging markets across the globe. LixCap works with a range of clients, including private companies, investment funds, governments, development agencies, development finance institutions and other development consultancy firms.