Mott MacDonald is looking to recruit a senior social protection consultant to join our Social Development team.
Mott MacDonald is currently looking for a senior social protection consultant to grow and strengthen our work in the area of social protection within an international development context. The position is located within International Economic and Social Development (IESD) Principal Portfolio of the IDS division. The position will be located Arnhem (NL) or in the UK.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The senior social protection consultant will bring strong technical expertise in the area of social protection to the Social Development team within Mott MacDonald. As part of his/her role, the senior consultant will help us (i) position for new project opportunities and help us win new projects and (ii) lead on the implementation of social protection programmes and deliver specialised technical inputs.
The consultant will lead on our early positioning for projects in the area of social protection, which includes collection of data, networking with client and partners, forming partnerships and identification of potential bidding approaches and staffing.
At the time of bidding, the consultant will play a central role in the identification of our proposed project approach and methodology and write (or significantly contribute to the writing of) the technical proposal.
In terms of projects we win and implement, the consultant will be engaged as a Project Director, taking final responsibility for project delivery. In addition, the consultant will provide short and/or long term technical inputs on selected projects and provide quality control of projects and project deliverables.
The consultant will also coach and support other colleagues in the team with a specific focus on strengthening their knowledge and expertise in the area of social protection.
We are looking for an experienced consultant with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in the field of social protection of which at least seven years in an international development context.The consultant should:
* hold an advanced university degree in economics, social sciences, development studies, public policy, social policy, public administration or related field;
* have proven project management experience;
* have existing networks in the area of social protection;
* have experience working in developing countries;
* have excellent bid and report writing skills;
* have excellent supervisory, organizational and management skills;
* Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to establish excellent relationships with contracted consultants, partner organizations and colleagues;
* Be able to work in a multicultural environment and be gender-sensitive in attitude and behaviour;
* Be fluent in English.
* Experience in humanitarian assistance projects;
* Experience in applied research, and a track record of relevant publications
* Knowledge and experience of working with major donors such as the UK Government Departments, development banks and UN agencies
* Good knowledge of at least one additional international language.
Location(s): Netherlands - Gelderland - Arnhem
About the Organization
Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned management, development and engineering consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world. We have more than 16,000 staff, a turnover of GBP 1.2 billion and 180 offices worldwide. The International Development Services Division of Mott MacDonald is involved in more than 90 projects in over 40 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We deliver projects in the international development arena, including projects focussing on Education; Health; Economic & Social Development; and Water, Environment & Climate Change. Our clients are international funding institutions such as the UK Department for International Development (DFID), EU, World Bank, USAID and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).