PYXERA Global, an NGO based in Washington, DC will be managing a Global Pro Bono (international skills-based volunteer) program in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, scheduled to take place in October of 2018. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part time seasoned consultant currently residing in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to help with program management and provide project and logistical support to the selected team of corporate employees that will work on health development projects. The consulting period will take place between June through November 2018 with a possibility of extension based on additional corporate programs.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Identify and select potential clients and develop Scopes of Work for the program that are aligned with specific areas of intervention identified by PYXERA Global and/or our client(s);
- Capture and share success stories and lessons learned that strengthen PYXERA Global’s existing and planned programs with organizations, partners, and stakeholders through social media and other avenues as appropriate;
- Orient new program participants upon arrival in Ethiopia;
- Serve as logistics coordinator and as an informational resource for corporate volunteers and troubleshoot problems they may face;
- Recruit and hire Project Assistants/Interpreters (If applicable) to support corporate consultants with translation, research and interviews;
- Participate in weekly preparation phone calls with corporate team(s) as needed;
- Coordinate Client/Project Assistant Pre-Departure Orientation, Welcome and Final Events for corporate employees and local client firms/organizations;
- Correspond with PYXERA Global headquarters program staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the corporate volunteers and our partners;
- Monitor and advise on security arrangements for corporate volunteers when they are in Ethiopia.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia;
- College degree in international relations, communications, corporate social responsibility, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field;
- Experience in project management and in leading diverse teams;
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience;
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously;
- Flexible and able to work in a team as well as individually with limited supervision;
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop scopes of work/projects with limited supervision;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills;
- Knowledge of health development programs in Ethiopia a plus;
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem solving skills;
- Language proficiency in Amharic and English;
- This is a part time consultant position with an estimate timeline of 5-6 months. Pay is based on past experience and salary history.
- Send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to Mr. Rodrigo Soares at email@example.com by May 30th, 2018, Please include the position title (e.g. Management of Global ProBono Program in Ethiopia) in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website https://www.pyxeraglobal.org/