EnCompass is currently seeking a Senior Contracts and Compliance Manager to take an active lead role managing contracts and providing guidance to EnCompass management and project teams. The position serves as a liaison between finance, compliance, and program staff, ensuring accurate and timely information is provided to assist in the day to day management of the business and to drive management/business, strategic and budgetary decisions. She/he administers various types of Contracts/Task Orders from inception to closeout. Additionally, she/he participates in proposal process from start through pre-award and post-award stages.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
Contracts and Compliance
- Develop, implement, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Work with senior managers to monitor contract compliance with rules and regulations of both the client and of EnCompass, and compliance with contract deliverables.
- Prepare and negotiate teaming agreements, subcontracts, purchase agreements, independent consultant agreements, contract modifications, negotiate and propose rates, and perform periodic contract budget monitoring.
- Develop country-specific field-based manuals for overseas offices
- Draft contracting policies and best practices
- Conduct periodic contract performance and administrative compliance reviews of programs. This may require internal audits and reviews of subcontractors and grantees.
- Perform an active role with cross departmental teams, participating in corporate initiatives and proposing innovative solutions to problems
- Ensure all contractual compliance requirements are met within each cost proposal.
- At project start-up carry out a thorough review of the contract, explain terms and conditions to project teams, review and approve the contracts approvals matrix.
- Draft contract close-out related documents such as requests for quick closeout, excess fund review forms, etc.
- Draft, review, edit as required and approve documents and requests that are submitted to the Contracting Officer (CO) to include, but not limited to the following: International travel approvals, salary justifications, notification and approval of project local compensation plans, TCN/CCN Waivers, source/national waivers for restricted commodities, notification/approval of key personnel changes, budgets/cost proposals for realignments/add-ons, specific requests for separate maintenance allowance, severance CCN leave payouts, allowances, and other documents for which the CO has the authority.
- Prepare responses for Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS) and to any inquiries/questions from the CO’s office
- Provide new business support as needed, including: participate in new business strategies including discussions on identifying risks and analyzing these risks for a bid decision; review and analyze USAID and other donor solicitations to understand the terms and conditions and convey any unique or risky contract terms to Proposal and Project Managers; review complex cost proposals to ensure that the bid is compliant with the solicitation and company’s policies; provide guidance to recruiters, proposal teams and Subcontract Negotiators on allowances and salary offers; prepare contractual clarification questions in response to requests for proposals; and interface and negotiate with government customer to help resolve contract issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ Years’ Experience; or Master’s Degree and 8+ Years’ Experience; or PHD & 6 Years’ Experience
General and Technical Qualifications
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and AIDAR.
- Experience with and knowledge of USAID and other donor’ and client’s regulations, policies, procedures, contracts and grants management processes.
- Experience with working with USAID/State Department/UN contracts,
- Working knowledge of CPFF, T&M, FP, and IDIQ contracts required.
- Ability to communicate policies and interpret regulations to provide clear guidance
- Strong analytical skills,
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and lingual settings.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.