DevTech Systems, Inc. (Devtech) is a U.S. Small Business international consulting firm dedicated to international economic development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is seeking a self-starting Contracts Specialist experienced with Cost proposal preparation of USAID contracts and grants. The Contracts Specialist will be a member of Contracts and Finance team, report to Director of Contracts and Grants, and will closely work with Business Development team and Program Officers.
- Lead the Cost proposal efforts on Task Orders and new solicitations, working closely with Business Development team
- Prepare budget templates tailored to requirements of RFPs and RFTOPs, budgets and budget narratives for proposals as needed for USAID and other client solicitations.
- Ensure all contractual compliance requirements are met within each cost proposal. Prepare all certifications and representations and other requirements of cost proposal.
- Review and negotiate Teaming Agreements
- Serve as liaison with subcontractors and provide guidance to assist partners to complete necessary budget forms in a timely manner.
- Work with Director of Contracts and Grants to monitor contract compliance with rules and regulations of both the client and of DevTech Systems, and compliance with contract deliverable.
- Prepare and negotiate Subcontracts, Purchase Agreements, Independent Consultant Agreements, Contract modifications and negotiate and propose rates, funds sufficiency, and perform periodic contract budget monitoring.
- Work directly with senior program officers to ensure smooth implementation of contracts; prepare pipeline budgets.
- Assist Senior Finance management to organize and conduct periodic contract performance and administrative compliance reviews of programs. This may require internal audits and reviews of partners and grantees.
- Provide assistance to program managers on contract inception, implementation and closeout activities; including preparation of required approvals, allowances, funding, procurement, property inventory, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (desirable), in Finance, Business Management, Accounting, International Development, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in cost proposal preparation, US Government contracts and grants, especially USAID awards. Experience with and knowledge of USAID and other donor’ and client’s regulations, policies, procedures, contracts and grants management processes.
- Specific training in USAID regulations, budgeting, and/or budget management for USAID projects is preferred.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills required; knowledge of other software Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of Deltek accounting software preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and lingual settings. Spanish language skills are desired.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.