Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Senior Coordinator – Short Course Awards role with the long-standing Australia Awards program
- Until 30 June 2021, with a possibility of extension
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea with program travel as required (e.g. PNG provinces/Australia)
Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards – for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has five stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; and Secondary Schools. AAPNG is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Short Course Awards Manager the Senior Coordinator, will oversee the quality implementation of fellowships including pre and post-course workshops, course concept paper design, monitoring, evaluation and learning, reporting, contract management, logistical arrangements and financial management.
- An undergraduate degree in an appropriate field of study;
- Experience in Human Resource Development, Education or Project Coordination in international development context;
- Knowledge of the Government of Papua New Guinea, its structure and reform agenda as well as policies and systems that relate to Human Resources and Training.
- Understanding of the Australian Higher Education Sector;
- High level inter-personal and communication skills for building and maintaining relationships, reporting, delivering messages and identifying and managing issues;
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use databases, create presentations and learn customised programs designed for supporting networks of people;
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with
- minimal supervision;
- Experience working independently and within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- High level proficiency in spoken and written English.
This position is locally engaged and is reserved for National Citizens of Papua New Guinea
How to Apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit Tetra Tech International Development Careers and search for job number 498942. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 498942.
Applications close: 5:00pm (PNG time) 14 May 2021.
This program is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.