Tetra Tech ES, Inc. based out of Arlington, VA is recruiting for a Senior Cost and Pricing Specialist. The role will support all aspects of cost proposal activities, to include: coordinating with the proposal manager and BD team, preparing budgets and cost proposal narratives, developing commercial documentation, coordinating with teaming partners, supporting negotiations, and other various cost and pricing duties as required.
- Develop cost and pricing proposals, including detailed budgets and cost narratives, for various clients such as USAID, MCC, development banks and other international organizations.
- Review solicitations and other procurement documents carefully, identify risks and draft questions for clarification.
- Prepare cost proposal submissions as required while considering solicitation requirements, profitability targets and Tetra Tech’s indirect rates.
- Coordinate cost proposal activities with partners and subcontractors, including: participate in teaming discussions, prepare cost instructions, review and provide feedback on partner budgets, ensure bid compliance, support negotiations, and finalize cost-related agreements.
- Collaborate with proposal managers to develop proposal budgets while working in collaboration with the home office business services teams (HR, Finance, Contracts, Operations)
- Collaborate with the proposal recruiter on the staffing plan, allowances, biodata verification process, and salary negotiations to ensure competitive market rates.
- Prepare input for GSA pricelists and cost proposal submissions.
- Ensure that the firm’s policies, procedures, and authority matrix is followed, and appropriate approvals are documented prior to submitting the proposal to the client.
- Finalize formatting of cost proposal files to ensure compliance with the solicitation and client ready for submission including arranging for final editing support as needed.
- Support the proposal manager and BD coordinator with conducting intermediate and final proposal review meetings (lime, green, executive review), including sharing files prior to meeting, requesting constructive feedback, proactively collecting input and recommendations, making modifications as needed, and improving the overall cost proposal submission.
- Respond to cost and pricing questions that may arise from the client during negotiations.
- Following contract award, transition cost and pricing details to the implementation team including the project management team, HR, Contracts and Finance.
- Participate in weekly BD meetings to review strategic bid decisions and capture planning efforts.
- Provide training to staff on cost and pricing related issues.
- Actively collaborate with the BD Team and provide support in other areas as needed.
- Collaborate with other Tetra Tech business units on new business opportunities and on company-wide cost and pricing improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Prior experience working on cost-plus, time-and-materials and fixed-priced proposals.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards.
- Extreme precision and attention to detail required.
- Diplomatic skills for negotiations and internal discussions required.
- Operate effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Proficient in PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Prior experience preparing cost reimbursable type proposals for USAID.
Apply online at: http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHUCe99P
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.