The Senior Cost & Pricing Manager is responsible for leading the preparation of Cost Proposals, including the proposal budgets and all accompanying financial and required documentation in support of MSI’s bids and proposals, as an integral member of MSI’s Cost & Pricing Team.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
- Provides cost & pricing support on a full range of proposals to include both domestic and overseas opportunities and ranging in size and complexity from small task orders to multi-million dollar hybrid IDIQ vehicles.
- In collaboration with the Director of Cost & Pricing, determines optimal price points for bids and conduct price-to-win analysis; ensures cost proposals meet profitability rates/targets set by the organization.
- Prepares and/or updates budget spreadsheet templates for various contracting mechanisms to facilitate accuracy and consistency in how budget data is compiled and presented.
- Continually assesses pricing and estimating approaches used throughout MSI and identifies and recommends best practices for use company-wide.
- Collects cost and pricing data for bids including in-country data, market data for cost line items.
- Knows and applies applicable US Government or other client regulations, including but not limited to the FAR, AIDAR, ADS, DSSR, and CFR.
- Utilizes and maintains cost/pricing models and narratives, schedules, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications to determine anticipated direct costs (labor, material requirements, equipment costs, Other Direct Costs), and indirect rates, for a variety of proposal types, such as T&M, CPFF, and FFP, to comply with bid requirements and MSI’s costing standards.
- Provides training, as needed, on the use of existing pricing templates, toolsets and processes, to other MSI staff including project management, financial management and business development staff.
- Collaborates with project managers and other MSI staff to ensure that all contract pricing activities comply with company requirements and policies.
- Actively participates in all proposal Red/Green Team reviews, Post Proposal and Post Award reviews.
- Supports and provides capacity development to small and local subcontractors in budget preparation, indirect cost rate or multiplier development, and other supporting documentation.
- Conducts salary, benefits and allowances negotiations with personnel presented in proposals.
- Negotiates with partners and subcontractor organizations to ensure partners’ budgets and cost proposal documentation are compliant with donor and solicitation requirements.
- Ensures that subcontractors are responsible, have adequate systems to manage donor funds, determine optimal subcontract type depending on subcontractor capacity.
- Prepares justifications and supporting documentation to secure client waivers and approvals for subcontractors, grantees, personnel, etc.
- Prepares consent documents for subcontracts, including collecting and analyzing all supporting documentation, and completing competitive processes where required.
- Reviews client requests for proposals (RFPs) in developing pricing strategies.
- Sends pricing data calls to subcontractors and responds to pricing data calls by prime contractors as needed.
- Reviews draft and final award documents for consistency of financial/costing data with cost proposals and provides analyses and documentation to project implementation team.
- Works closely with Technical teams, Project Managers and Financial Management (FINMAN) to assess financial implications of teaming, staffing and procurement decisions for bids and post-award implementation.
- Works with Project Managers and Contracts Department in the development of budgets for Contract Modifications.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business
- A minimum of five year’s work experience as a pricing/budget analyst, with substantial experience preparing proposal budgets for USAID or other international development agencies
- Knowledge of USG procurement regulations and of FAR/AIDAR
- Substantial experience in the use of Excel for budget preparation
- Excellent communications skills, in written and spoken English
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.