Sanaa, Yemen YEMBackground:
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.Position Summary:
Creative Associates seeks a Senior Curriculum and Materials Development Officer to oversee all reading and math improvement related activities for a USAID-funded activity providing access to quality education to children in Yemen.Expected Outcomes:
- Delivery of quality curriculum and teaching and learning materials through effective collaboration with the Ministry of Education of Yemen.
- Development of supervisory and monitoring tools used to measure teacher performance and student learning.
- Liaise with Ministry of Education officials to ensure a coordinated approach to reading across the curriculum across program regions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide overall technical oversight and guidance to the project’s support to improved reading instruction and math;
- Supervise the production of all program reading and math material, all supported trainings in reading, all teacher and classroom supervision and monitoring and all student testing efforts;
- Ensures complementarity of activity approaches in reading and math across all program regions, liaise with government representatives and technicians on technical matters; and
- Work closely with other project technical experts.
Local candidates strongly preferred.
- Requires a master’s degree in education, preferably with a specialty in early grade reading. Ph.D. in education with a focus on early childhood education and/or early grade learning preferred;
- At least six (6) years of experience in programs that work specifically to improve reading is required;
- Experience with the development of reading materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA, is required;
- Experience with supporting civil society-based monitoring of reading outcomes; and
- Arabic and English language fluency required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)