The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Social Solutions to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Senior Data Governance Advisor
Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: GS-14 equivalent
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The U.S. Government’s (USG) engagement to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS is a top priority worldwide. The USG response includes coordination among the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Peace Corps (PC), and other entities. This initiative is collectively known as the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). USAID has been at the forefront of the USG’s response to provide quality HIV/AIDS services to over one hundred countries to mitigate the health crisis that threatens the prosperity, stability and development of these nations.
The Bureau for Global Health’s Office of HIV/AIDS (GH/OHA) is the center of HIV/AIDS technical leadership for USAID and has primary responsibility for the Agency’s HIV/AIDS program. OHA provides strategic direction, technical leadership, and support to field programs in HIV/AIDS. It provides input to decisions concerning the strategic allocation of financial and human resources in the sector and assists in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs.
The Senior Data Governance Advisor will be a member of the Health Informatics Branch in the Strategic Information, Evaluation and Informatics (SIEI) Division in the Office of HIV/AIDS within USAID’s Bureau for Global Health. Broad responsibilities will include providing technical leadership and performing work in support of data governance activities related to USAID’s systems that are used to support the operational management of its Global PEPFAR programs. Areas of focus will include but not limited to data usage rights, risk management, and standards, policies and procedures for ingestion, curation, sharing, and archiving. S/he will also work closely with the technical teams at headquarters and field-based counterparts to provide technical assistance on issues pertaining to data governance.
The SIEI Health Informatics Branch Chief will serve as his/her USAID Point of Contact (POC).
The Senior Data Governance Advisor will:
- Develop, contextualize, socialize, and enforce data governance policies and procedures within established and emerging USAID information systems and related analytic products.
- Provide technical leadership and assistance to HIV/AIDS projects and technical teams, at headquarters and the field, contributing to the upstream or downstream processes associated with PEPFAR and/or USAID-collected data streams.
- Design and implement a data governance structure that enables Master Data Management (MDM) to produce data that are understood, trusted, controlled and purposeful (i.e., geopolitical boundaries, facility lists, implementing mechanism lists, indicator naming conventions, etc.).
- Collaborate and coordinate with the USAID Office of Chief Information Officer on policies, standards, guidance, and procedures related to data management and privacy.
- Serve as a liaison between General Counsel (GC), the Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA), and USAID staff that support HIV/AIDS programs to ensure requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, and implemented in accordance with policy and legal guidelines.
- Advance the Office of HIV/AIDS’s data governance priorities through active participation in Agency-specific and interagency working groups that shape policy decisions.
- Provide guidance to the Office of HIV/AIDS to ensure USAID-funded data is made open to the public and machine readable by default, in accordance with federal government policy, and USAID’s Automated Directives System (ADS).
- Prepare and review relevant content for presentations and other materials for senior staff within the Bureau for Global Health and its offices, Department of State’s Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC), and other PEPFAR implementing agencies.
- Master’s degree in computer science, public health, health informatics, other relevant discipline is required. A JD is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 9+ years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in data governance, data quality and meta-data management is required.
- Professional experience engaging with global health or two or more of the following international development technical disciplines: HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, maternal, newborn, and child health, population, and reproductive health, etc.)
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills. Strong negotiation and group facilitation skills; ability to move a process forward, while meeting the needs of a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate complex, mission critical projects and to participate in multi-disciplinary work teams and the ability to quickly understand business processes and translate into data requirements.
- Ability to adhere to task timelines and deliverable schedules and share concerns about deliverables, timelines, and issues with stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork, multi-stakeholder collaboration and management skills.
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve in a fast-paced environment and set priorities.
- International and domestic travel up to 25%.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a background investigation and must obtain and maintain a favorable adjudication as applicable to their position/duties.
- Must have excellent writing skills in English.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
Social Solutions offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Please submit your resume online at: https://jobs-socialsolutions.icims.com/jobs/1590/senior-data-governance-advisor/job?mode=view
NOTE: In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid work experience showing dates held with month and year and hours worked per week for each position. Any experience that does not include dates held and hours worked per week may not be counted.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
GHSI-III is a Federal services contract contingent on the availability of appropriated funds until the end of the designated contract period. Contract employees of GHSI-III are not U.S. Government employees and cannot perform Inherently Governmental Functions.