Senior Demographic and Health Researcher- Rockville, MD | ICF
ICF seeks to hire a Senior Demographic and Health Researcher to conduct research on demographic and health issues in developing countries for The Demographic and Health Surveys Program (DHS). The researcher will prepare reports and publishable papers as part of a research team at DHS headquarters in Rockville, Maryland. The researcher will contribute to the DHS Program’s research agenda by proposing study ideas in line with our research strategy; will shepherd studies through all stages from conceptualization through publication; and may coordinate budgets, contracts, and administration of research and analysis training activities. There may be opportunities to lead one or more workshops every year. Examples of DHS in-house research beyond the main report can be found at www.dhsprogram.com, by going to “Analytical” under the “Publications Search” tab.
- Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in a relevant social science or health-related field
- 3+ years research-related work experience in a relevant field
- Familiarity with population and health issues in developing countries
- Experience with analysis of large survey data sets
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques
- Experience in using statistical software packages, preferably Stata
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare publishable-quality manuscripts
- Willingness to conduct policy and program relevant research
- Excellent communication, training, and presentation skills
- Ability to work successfully in teams and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) datasets and Service Provision Assessment Surveys (SPA) datasets
- Experience conducting workshops or trainings
- Knowledge of HMIS data and Health Facility data
- Knowledge of French
- Experience with mixed-method studies
The researcher may be required to travel to developing countries as needed (up to 15% of time).
About the Organization
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf