You: an ambitious and creative analyst with an interest in global development who works well within a diverse and growing global team.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Team & Role: This role sits within our Surveys & Advisory Services (SAS) team. The SAS team leads quantitative and qualitative surveys, conducts in-depth assessments on issues that matter most to the global development community, and advises global development organizations on resource mobilization, donor diversification, and stakeholder engagement.
As a part of the SAS team, you’ll be working on exciting consulting and business research projects for some of the most progressive and impactful private and public-sector organizations in the world, including multinational corporations, international NGOs, and U.N. agencies.
Why this position is great for you:
This is the ideal opportunity for someone who…
- is versatile, business-minded, and highly-analytical
- has excellent leadership, oral, and written communication abilities
- is excited about contributing to the design of projects, excels under deadlines, and thrives off multitasking
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of a Senior Development Analyst / Project Lead are…
- conducting in-depth research and data analysis
- leveraging writing skills to distill key findings into plain English for our partners
- managing large data sets, creating images, charts and graphs to professionalize deliverables
- conducting face-to-face and over the phone interviews to gather critical information.
the basic requirements for this role are…
- At least 5 years of experience as a researcher, analyst, or consultant
- At least 3 years of experience in business writing and data analysis
- Possess excellent verbal and written English skills
- An understanding of the international development sector and a global mindset
- Relevant undergraduate degree
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- international degree and/or work experience
- Work experience at a major development organization, government agency, or consulting firm
- a solid grasp of how the development business works
- project leadership and management experience
- Relevant master’s degree
This role will be based in our Manila, Philippines office. Both local and international candidates are encouraged to apply. For international candidates, the position comes with a local benefits package that includes a Philippine visa, local healthcare plan, and relocation support (if necessary).
Get the conversation started by submitting an application today!